Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

JellyBelly33

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=35527]JellyBelly33[/MENTION], not to be weird and random, but my room is that exact same color! Okay, weirdness over.
Awesomeness!

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
Here is my newly built wood and coroplast cage. It's the size of a 2 x almost-6 and houses my two girls Lucy and Snickers. I can't wait to upgrade my bedding and furnishings (when my guinea pig budget replenishes after the cage build...).
Cage 12.jpg

Spritzysmomma

Cavy Gazer
[h=2]Re: My piggies are so weird![/h]
I would really like to rescue guinea pigs. I cleaned out my giant closet to make room for a 2x4 c&c three level cage. The first two levels will be 2x4. The last level will be 2x1. The two boys will be on the first level, and the three girls will be on the first and second level. I plan on using fleece bedding, high quality horse hay, Oxbow alfalfa pellets for the young piggies, KMS pellets for the adults. Please recommend websites, food, toys, ect.​

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@Spritzysmomma- I wouldn't keep them in the closet, I kept my pigs there and i feel like it made it smell bad beciase it's enclosed.

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
I agree with bacon4everever, also guinea pigs need sunlight and air circulation, two things a closet does not provide. But the cage sounds cool!

Spritzysmomma

Cavy Gazer
I understand your concern bacon4everever. I do not know how to post pictures, but the door will be open all day, Otis a very large walk-in closet, and it has an air vent.

Spritzysmomma

Cavy Gazer
*it is sorry autocorrect put Otis

sweetpea123

Cavy Slave
This is our 2 level plexi and wood cage made using ikea desk tops! It is on wheels so we can move to clean around it easily.
photo 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

sweetpea123

Cavy Slave
Thanks [MENTION=35775]CavyChrissy[/MENTION] ! I am so happy hubby finally helped me make it :) I hated the look of the c&c cages, and I saw a plexi cage in the picture area and just had to try! The bedding I made, but the houses are from peewees piggy palace. She has such cute stuff!

piggielife

Cavy Slave
I know it's not the most creative design by any means, but my boys are soooo much happier and get along pretty well in their bigger space! If they could talk, they'd be saying a big THANK YOU to all the wonderful new friends in this community!

79e225d2ee8c39e7ed4a6edca98a779a.jpg

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Simple, but Tribble thinks this is his castle. :) It's not coroplast, but made from three heavy-duty plastic mortar-mixing tubes from Lowes that I cut a few walls out of with a dremmel and then gorilla taped together. I purchased this fleece at all different times, so I was pleasantly surprised with how well the wacky color scheme seemed to come together!
pigpen panels 1.jpg
Here it is with all the junk crammed under it. :p
pigpen panels 2.jpgpigpen panels 3.jpg
And it sits right next to my desk so Tribb can come over and visit when I'm working at my computer. You can see the shelf in the background also stores hideys, towels, fleece, uHaul, and baskets of toilet paper tubes. :)

ChutneyGyal

Cavy Gazer
Below are some pictures of Arthur and Roland's cage. I had to separate them, because they fight, but they can still see each other all the time.IMG_1702.jpgI've recently upgraded their ramp, because the little guys are getting bigger :).

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

Nazgul

Cavy Slave
So, after realizing a month or two ago that my future cage expansion could go even a bit bigger than I had hoped (length wise, we only had room for a 2x5) by removing their loft and adding it onto the ground floor, I finally got to expand my boars cage to its final size!

Instead of the original 2x5 that I had planned, Edelweiss and Mugwort now have a nice L-shaped 2x6 cage, complete with a brand new hay rack and - once they arrive in a few weeks - a brand new fleece tunnel, corner hammock, and pee-pad for underneath their hay. (because sweeping it up off the fleece is such a pain)

Here is their original 2x4 cage with a 2x2 loft (picture from June):

DSC04619.jpg

And here is their swanky new 2x6 cage. (I also made a little storage area out of spare grids. It makes it look much neater.)
DSC04746_edit.png

I still need to get some wood boards for underneath everything so that it's on a nice, flat surface. I mean, it's quite sturdy, but it just looks a bit.. lopsided at some parts.

Piggly12

Cavy Slave
Sorry about the terrible pictures. My room is small and I had to squish the camera into the very corner while standing on my bed to get it all in.
I have nearly finished the liner for the loft and ramp, and I still need to get some wire to finish the ramp (to keep the sides fully upright), so I’ll post again when that’s done.
It’s a 2x8 with 2x2 loft, and it houses my 3 girls.

Photo on 29-07-2015 at 6.36 pm.jpg

Photo on 29-07-2015 at 6.37 pm.jpg

justineamy

Cavy Slave
Here's our cage we made :
f1d8f6d012a0ac91527a3f4fb9383958.jpg

wombats

Cavy Slave
@Piggly12 Those are some very lucky girls! They have the equivalent of a 2x10 when it comes to square footage, even though there are only three of them. They literaly have double the space they could have been housed in, and that's fantastic! I love your fleece as well, the blue and green go well together.

I recently got a giftcard for my birthday so I'm going to get some new fleece for Bob's cage. While I can't use it as bedding (I just make it into cozies) and it's just a little 2x3 (for now) I'll probably post pictures here when I'm done sewing. :)

sweetpea123

Cavy Slave
@justineamy I love your cage! how did you attach the plexi glass? I also have a plexi cage but your attachment method looks much neater.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.