Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That is awesome, Here is my cage we redone tonight new white coroplast

DSCN0602 (640x480).jpg

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
hey bp i did the same thing for my adult piggies but i couldnt do that with the babies.
had to do something else too bad i liked my old system

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
These cages are awesome! Keep them coming so I can get more ideas for the next big change!

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
hey bp i did the same thing for my adult piggies but i couldnt do that with the babies. (for the hay)
had to do something else too bad i liked my old system

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
Here is my cage today! I expanded it to a 3x5 and bought these cute little bins to use at litter boxes/kitchens. I plan on adopting a fourth piggy when the right one becomes available so I wanted to make sure my cage is big enough :) Sorry about the messy fleece, when I moved the hay racks hay went everywhere. Thankfully, tomorrow is piggy laundry day.

IMG_1485.jpgIMG_1488.jpg

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Here is my cage today! I expanded it to a 3x5 and bought these cute little bins to use at litter boxes/kitchens. I plan on adopting a fourth piggy when the right one becomes available so I wanted to make sure my cage is big enough :) Sorry about the messy fleece, when I moved the hay racks hay went everywhere. Thankfully, tomorrow is piggy laundry day.

Where did you find the little bins for litter boxes? That looks like what I'm looking for...

And I love the fleece tunnel/tent you have - that's an awesome idea!

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
@schavarry I got them at Dollar Tree! The work perfectly!

They love the tunnels as well. I took their fleece forest down so that I could do 3 hay racks reused them like this :)

ldrew7

Cavy Slave
Your cage is beautiful!:) I do have one question though: how on earth do you get the top off? I am moving into a home with a dog, she's peaceful, but I'd really like a top on the girls for my own peace of mind. I wanted to do the same sort of design, but I'm worried the top may cave in, or cleaning will be awful. Any feedback?

I know this was not a question for me but I do have some input about a lid. We have a 2x5 with a lid. We actually bought the cage and lid from Guinea Pig Cages, Care, Shelters, Veterinarians - Guinea Pig Zone . The lid is made from 18 grids zip tied together with an expandable pole running through the middle so you can fold it over on itself or raise it up completely along the back of the cage. If you go to that sight you can see very well how they make it and what to use. We also have a support bar going across the cage for when out cats get on it. Here's a pic:

22.jpg

ldrew7

Cavy Slave
I know I posted my cage a while back but I wanted to put another one up cause we made some changes.

We added pet beds to the top instead of pillows for our cats.
23.jpg

We took the corner potty out just because of having to clean it constantly and the pigs were getting dirty from it. You can see Elvis (the black one) and Ozzy (the white and brown one).
24.jpg

And this is my favorite addition: Fleece Forests!! I loved making these. The big one in the front corner is portable for when they have floor time in the other room. Ozzy is making another appearance.
25.jpg

A better close up of the forests. Dexter is peeking out for the camera.
26.jpg

boofp

Cavy Slave
I love the fleece tunnels. Yea I seen the same bins at dollar tree today.

boofp

Cavy Slave
awesome love the shoe racks under cage. That is the next think I want for my cage is to get it off the floor and get fleece liners made.

schavarry

Cavy Slave
awesome love the shoe racks under cage. That is the next think I want for my cage is to get it off the floor and get fleece liners made.

I missed the shoe rack until you said something about it, I might have to do that when I change up my cage!! Cool idea Idrew7

ldrew7

Cavy Slave
We took a long time to figure out what we were going to put under it to raise it up. We thought about a table but that would have been too high and then we saw these online and went to our Lowes and bought 4 of them. They were the perfect size. When we expanded the cage we only had to get one more, so it's 5 all together.

southernfury

Cavy Slave
Pls b Gentle...this is my first ever C&C cage..!! K..the first pics are of me finishing up the cage....i do not have the water or food in yet..!!! Then the later pics have my piggies in and all the other things..!! There is still some things i need to get !!!111.jpg121.jpg1st pic is the top 2x2 loft, 2nd pic is the whole cage.112.jpg113.jpgI covered up their ramp and used the extra off it to make a mini forest..!! That is their Fav stuffed animal...they luv laying on it or crawling under it !! I will post more pics tomm...it's gettin late here and my eyes r gettin heavy !!! :)

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
@southernfury Your cage is great! I love the colorful fleece! No one would have guessed that is your first C&C cage! I'd love to see some photos of your piggies.:cool:

southernfury

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=22298]southernfury[/MENTION] Your cage is great! I love the colorful fleece! No one would have guessed that is your first C&C cage! I'd love to see some photos of your piggies.:cool:
Thanks [MENTION=19010]piggypuppylove[/MENTION]..!! I will post pics of my piggies in it tomm..I have th on my pc..but my Internet is slooooow! I just went and checked on them...mocha is in her cozy and coconut & reeses is under the butterfly's asleep! They look so comfy !!

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Pls b Gentle...this is my first ever C&C cage..!! K..the first pics are of me finishing up the cage....i do not have the water or food in yet..!!! Then the later pics have my piggies in and all the other things..!! There is still some things i need to get !!!1st pic is the top 2x2 loft, 2nd pic is the whole cage.I covered up their ramp and used the extra off it to make a mini forest..!! That is their Fav stuffed animal...they luv laying on it or crawling under it !! I will post more pics tomm...it's gettin late here and my eyes r gettin heavy !!! :)

I love that you covered up the ramp! I'm sure the piggies like that too! And using the extra scraps for the mini forest is awesome - I hope your piggies love it, it looks like you did an awesome job!! One word of warning... be sure to check the stuffed animals eyes regularly to be sure they aren't gnawing on them (it sounds like they've had it for a while so this shouldn't be an issue but you don't want them eating the plastic)

@southernfury Your cage is great! I love the colorful fleece! No one would have guessed that is your first C&C cage! I'd love to see some photos of your piggies.:cool:
^^ hit the nail on the head!! I love the purple butterfly fleece!!

iugin

Cavy Slave
Yes it's plexiglass!And coroplast for bottom!thank you,I change fleece every day :)

fuzzywuzzy

Cavy Slave
I swept it daily and I changed the fleece once a week. Sweeping took about 30 minutes and changing the fleece and scrubbing the coro and restocking hay bins and water bottles about 60-70 minutes. It housed 6-10 guinea pigs at various times as that was a terrible city where people threatened to feed the guinea pigs to their dogs or throw them in a dumpster. There were so many free guinea pigs that guinea pigs with health or behavioural issues were difficult to rehome. So I took them in. Until I had my (now ex) husband arrested for throwing our 15 month old son, 3 year old son, and punching me. I live in a much smaller apt now and had to rehome the nicer pigs and 3 passed from a mysterious illness. It was a hard spring, summer and fall for my family that year. But that was almost 2 years ago now. Things are a little better...

I hope all is well now. 2x12 sheesh that is SOME cage you got there! Well done! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.