Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
NICE! I'm lovin the fleece and the ramp. Will you make me a ramp? xD
1 question: why did you put grids on the top right?

I can make a ramp for ya.. But it'll cost ya.. Lol I can just tell you how and would be easier. I have the grids there because I have little dogs and next to that sits a side table.. Very convenient for them to just hop right in with my piggies.. And maybe making another loft ..eventually.. ;-)

piggypuppylove

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Here is my boys' cage today! They have new fleece, a new wooden hidey house, a large kitchen which I love, and I put their names on the wall! :)

IMG_2321.jpg
IMG_2323.jpg
IMG_2324.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I can make a ramp for ya.. But it'll cost ya.. Lol I can just tell you how and would be easier. I have the grids there because I have little dogs and next to that sits a side table.. Very convenient for them to just hop right in with my piggies.. And maybe making another loft ..eventually.. ;-)

LOL
doggies get way too interested
Emma gets curious about Whistles every now n then.

Here is my boys' cage today! They have new fleece, a new wooden hidey house, a large kitchen which I love, and I put their names on the wall! :)

View attachment 27287
View attachment 27288
View attachment 27289
View attachment 27290

Very nice, Whistles has the very same wooden hidy. It holds up quite well to chews from him.

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
PiggyPuppyLove I LOVE your fleece

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
@BrendaMarie Thanks! I love it too! I got on sale at Walmart for $2/yard. It does a great job of camouflaging poop and hay :)

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
@peeweesteph I am looking to add a loft to my 3x5, similar to yours, but I'm afraid it will be too difficult to clean under... do you have any trouble cleaning under your loft?

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I don't.. I actually built mine so well I sit in it.. Lol

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Cage changed today :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338258091.311263.jpg

CavyFamily

Cavy Slave
When I first got my Anya she was in a large pet store cage till I got my C&C cage (friend made it) then I picked her up a friend and upgraded the cage size. So this is what they are in now, still a work in progress but they love it so far!

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
CavyFamily, I'd love to see the pictures of your cage but they're not showing up on my end for some reason :(

Roo99

Cavy Slave
I will be posting some pictures of my first C&C cage soon, as I have ordered the grids. My pigs will be in the C&C during the day and a Midwest Guinea Habitat at night, which is roughly 4x2 in feet, or little under that in grids. Hopefully, they will be in the C&C permanently soon, but I haven't worked out where I could put one just yet. So, for now I want to give them the best that I can so they will be switching out every day, and folding up the cage at night to put away. I already do this for floor time, just with a smaller cage for a shorter amount of time.

Anyway, I ordered 16 grids. I was wondering, what 1 level configuration would be best for the piggies? I have the room for all three options; 4x4, 3x5, & 6x2. Based on personal experience, does anyone here a recommendation?

The reason that I can't put them in the C&C permanently just yet is because they will be in the C&C whilst I am at work and for a few hours whilst I am home. The cage will be in the middle of the room where they stay, which is why until I figure out something better this will be a double cage situation.

Thanks! Sorry for the long post; I'm a bit rambly. :rolleyes:

sarahdarby17

Cavy Slave
I have a 2X6 cage right now and I'm so happy with it! A 3X5 is wider though so that is something the think about. The 2X6 allows my pigs to run a lot and their house is on one side while their hay and food is on the other so they get plenty of exercise :)

Roo99

Cavy Slave
OK; my piggies do love running laps. :) Maybe I'll try out a 6x2 and a 5x3 and decide by trial and error.

I think that I've ruled out a 4x4; my pigs seem to like rectangular cages. I feel like if they had a square cage they wouldn't get as much exercise. However, since I'll be connecting the grids with cable ties it really won't be a problem to switch it around every week, or day, or other day.

CavyFamily

Cavy Slave
CavyFamily, I'd love to see the pictures of your cage but they're not showing up on my end for some reason :(
I dont know why it does that. Sometimes they attach no problem but sometimes they dont. I will try again. :)
Puppy, pigs and clean cage 004.jpgPuppy, pigs and clean cage 005.jpgPuppy, pigs and clean cage 007.jpgPuppy, pigs and clean cage 008.jpg
I did make some changes, such as I took a gallon Ice cream bucket cut it in half and zip tied a metal fruit basket to the bottom to make a hay rack (not pretty but my pigs LOVE it cause the hay is off the floor) I also made the loft their "kitchen" with a removable toddler pee blanket to keep the fleece cleaner. I am working on a fleece forest and hanging beds and cuddle cups. Anyone have anymore ideas on how to make more FUN stuff for my piggies to play with?

I know someone will ask cause of curiosity so I will include, I have a higher wall of grids because I have a naughty cat who likes to try and get in the cage with them, so I raised the level of grids so I could put a top on the cage at night. :)

peacheshershey

Cavy Slave
Here's mineDSCF0888.jpgIt's a pet store cage connected to a c&c cage . I want to make just a c&c cage but I can't find coroplast big enough

CavyFamily

Cavy Slave
Here's mineView attachment 27993It's a pet store cage connected to a c&c cage . I want to make just a c&c cage but I can't find coroplast big enough

I could not find coroplast here either so I made my base out of tempered hardboard (bought at Home Depot) wrapped it in two layers of vinyl and then flannel and then put my fleece down. Its water proof and I can remove the fabric to wipe down the vinyl with vinegar and water. My pigs do not know the difference. :)

mommazilla

Cavy Slave
It's a pet store cage connected to a c&c cage . I want to make just a c&c cage but I can't find coroplast big enough

You could also use a shower curtain and switch to fleece. That's what I used for at least 3 months before I got my hands on coro.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Here's mine
It's a pet store cage connected to a c&c cage . I want to make just a c&c cage but I can't find coroplast big enough

Try this one:
(broken link removed)
I bought my sheets (4ftx8ft) at $15 each.
Only issue is they require $25 min purchase (which was no biggie for me) and if it doesn't fit into your car, they will not roll it xP
So if a whole sheet won't fit be prepared with measurements of how much you need for your cage. Add the measurements per side as well. Example: say your bottom level is 68"x42" add 12" to each one for the 6" sides. So that'll be 80"X54"
That was the ONLY place that would sell me coroplast at an affordable price. Everywhere else overcharged like crazy or required me to make a sign.

ldrew7

Cavy Slave
Here's mineView attachment 27993It's a pet store cage connected to a c&c cage . I want to make just a c&c cage but I can't find coroplast big enough

I don't even know if it's an option for you because of price and/or shipping but this site has anything you may want to build a coroplast cage: (broken link removed) . We bought our first one with a lid from here and it worked out great. We then expanded and I ordered more coroplast because I didn't have enough and didn't even want to begin to try and find any at a store. We also got our hay racks from these guys. They work so quick to get your order out to you and even send directions! Not sure if you have ever been to this site but I thought I might suggest it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.