Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Blanket Time

socks

Cavy Slave
There's always all these posts about people having lap time and floor time with their guinea pigs. Well, while my room is being redecorated and tack strips are exposed I can't put my guinea's on the floor to play, and there isn't any other room in the house for them either because of 3 cats and a 100lb chocolate lab.

So I lay on my bed, place them on my torso, and throw a blanket over them. Barney goes absolutely NUTS for it. He romps around, nibbles my shirt a little, and then curls up and takes a piggy nap on my stomach.

Mosby isn't so much a fan, he's more interested in being out in the open. But my bed is so high off the ground it's difficult to manage his busy body.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Yea I do the same thing it makes me nervous cause Gemini (being new) will all of a sudden decide to take off running. Gidgets good about staying on the bed but Gemini has climbed down in between the headboard and mattress before so I keep a cuddle sac so she will use it instead of climbing down. The bed is a full size in there room. I usually kneel next to the bed or lay on the bed and let them run around. Try using a big blanket they can tunnel in to keep them save on the bed. then you can be right there to watch them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.