Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Revolution for treatment of mites?

cowseatbeef

Cavy Slave
I just noticed Pig has some patchy areas on him and dry skin, Charlie too. Pig is also losing a considerable amount of fur. From what I've been reading online and what I've seen so far, it's probably mites. I live on residence and i'm vehicle less so taking them to the vets isn't possible until I go home which won't be for about another two weeks. My friend has hedgehogs who have had mite problems and she's given them a half a tube of revolution each and that seemed to work. I could walk to the local vets and pick up a tube, I was just wondering if that would be the best way to go about treatment and how much of the revolution I should be giving them. Also, should I go with cat or dog revolution?

PurplePaws121

Cavy Slave
Mine have fur mites, I treated with kitten revolution. I think it depends on the type of mite. Mine didn't have any hair loss, just some scabbing from scratching, and could see little white mites.

cowseatbeef

Cavy Slave
Okay I have the kitten revolution, 30 mg. I have two pigs, one about one and a half pounds, the other about one pound. I'm thinking i'll just split the tube between them. Does that sound about right?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You'll need to figure it out using the dosage guidelines posted on the Guinea Lynx link. We really can't tell you if it's the right amount without figuring it out, too.

PurplePaws121

Cavy Slave
Okay I have the kitten revolution, 30 mg. I have two pigs, one about one and a half pounds, the other about one pound. I'm thinking i'll just split the tube between them. Does that sound about right?

my vet didn't calculate anything. not saying his way was right, the calculation is probably a good idea. he sold me a tube of the smallest kitten dosage and told me to half the tube for each guinea pig. I used a syringe with a needle to get it out of the tube and be able to measure for dosing. for the babies (5 weeks old), I used 1/4 of a tube.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It's best to calculate the correct amount based on the weights of the pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.