Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Europe Put Your Information Here : Getting Guinea Pig Supplies in Indonesia

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
Okay, since there are several members from Indonesia that has been active in this forum (Rachalda, John and Nissa, I hope the others will come). I've decided to make a thread for all GP owners especially who lives in Indonesia to share any information about places that have guinea pig supplies, medication, toys, etc (please remember if this forum is not allowed any sharing that support petstore/petshop that sells animals, so please make sure you don't write any information of any places that sell animals)

Hopefully, this thread would be useful for others...
Okay, for the starter, I'm giving my information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRIDS :
- The Daiso. Sometimes not available, but it seems all of their branches sells those grids. The inner square dimension is pretty big, so make sure you trick it and make it safer.
- Roxy Mas (Jakarta).
- Pasar Asemka (It's in central Jakarta) almost near Glodok. The quality of the grids is below grids from The Daiso, but the price is cheaper.
- Pasar Baru (Bandung). If you go to Pasar Baru, try to find the parking assistant around motorcycle parking lot and ask him where to find "toko grosir aksesoris". Some people in Indonesia would call it : ram kawat display.

ALTERNATIVE :
- Small garden fences would do too. You can find it also in The Daiso or Gardening Shops.

COROPLAST (known as Impraboard, sold in sheets, usually 2 mm thick) :
- Gramedia Bookstore
- Toko Kebayoran (in front of Melawai Hotel-Jakarta)
- Gunung Agung Bookstore
- Point Bookstore
- Toko Kemenangan, Senen (Jakarta)
- Toko Sigma Sumber Utama (near Bina Nusantara-Syahdan Jakarta)
- One polycarbonate shop at TKI Kopo-Bandung (I forget the shop's name). They have 3mm thick
- Balubur - Bandung
- Tidar Art and Craft Shop - Bandung
- Toko Sama Jaya at Gang Sunia Raja.
NOTES : 2 mm thick are not strong enough, but it works well. Another better option is using polycarbonate, it's difficult to cut, more expensive, heavier but stronger. And for the connectors, forget it. Use cable ties instead.

FLEECE (mostly polar fleece, sold as blankets, known as "selimut flanel", "selimut kartun anak", "selimut polar", "selimut emen") :
- Try to find at kids blanket stores. Usually they sell it as cartoon blanket.
- Pasar Baru - Bandung
- Cigondewah - Bandung

HAY :
- Hime Hammie Petshop. (online)
- Groovy Petshop. (Jakarta)
NOTES : both of them sells Oxbow products but quite pricey

PELLETS (CP Diets):
- Hime Hammie Petshop (online)<br>- Suci Petshop (besides Pusdai-Bandung)
- 41 Petshop (Jln. Malabar - Bandung)

MEDICATIONS THAT CAN BE BOUGHT AT PHARMACIES :
- Miconazole
- Ketoconazole
- Canesten
- Neo Kaominal (Kaolin Pectin)
- Neolanta (simethicone)
- Ratrim (trimethropim sulfa)
- Proris (ibuprofen)

VETS :
-Drh Siti Zaenab
*Animal Clinic My Vet BSD
Nusa Loka, JL. kalimantan Blok e2 no. 4
Phone : 5384236
*Animal Clinic My Vet Kemang
Jl. kemang selatan 8 No. 7A
Phone :7668241
-Drh. Iwan Willyanto MSc. PHd dan Drh. Inggrid S. Willyanto
Rungkut Mejoyo Utara V-31 (Tenggilis Mejoyo AE-22) Surabaya
Phone : (031) 8411810, 8493041
- Drh. Alex Saba
Klinik Hewan Happiness
Jalan Matra Persada No. 10 Gn. Batu,Bandung
Phone : (022) 2013474 & 08112232630 (make sure HE's the one who handle your pigs, not the other vets)
- ZEN pet clinic, grooming, and shop
Jl. Pluit Permai no. 30 JAKARTA UTARA 14450
Phone : 021-6696968
NOTES : vets above are not cavy savvy certified, but some of guinea pig owners in Indonesia reported that they are pretty satisfied with those vets. But you still need to bring any hand-out of guinealynx pages, or some pages from small animals veterinary books to make sure your pigs get the right treatment. And make sure you read those first.

For now, that's all what comes in my mind. I'll add another information as soon as I get it.

tania.nyaw

Cavy Slave
Small garden fences also can found at AJBS (Anak Jaya Bapak Sejahtera).
They have some branch at Surabaya, Jakarta, and Malang.

Some of the employee didn't know about this fence, so just try to find by yourself at the garden store or petstore. :)

Rachalda

Cavy Slave
Fleece
Using the keyword that [MENTION=13113]fridzalone[/MENTION] given above, you can wonder and choose directly the nice pattern on :
-Tanah Abang Market (Central Jakarta- I think)
-Pasar Grosir Cililitan (West Jakarta)
-Plaza Semanggi (West Jakarta)---- GF floor near the escalator there's a Blanket store.. but well the pattern is not that much but it has some nice choice.
-ITC Mangga Dua (Central Jakarta)

Syringe:
If you need to buy it online... I give you the link...
- (broken link removed)
- Wijaya Petshop Ruko Beryl 1/10 - Gading serpong -
Phone 021 54217609
Celular :0818797932 (yusin) sms

Online buying tips in Indonesia
Well, buying online in Indonesia is pretty much the same (I think) to others.
I don't really know buying online process in other country, but in Indonesia, there will be no credit card pay for online buying... every process must be done by your phone message service (SMS)

1. Pick your stuff at their online shop (write it down)
2. List the stuff + your location and message it to them by SMS (it's faster response!)
3. Let the seller tell you the total price you have to pay + the delivery fee also their bank account number
4. Pay the ammount to their bank account (If you have different bank account with them- like BCA and BNI-, you'll get charged around Rp.5000 till Rp.10.000)
5. Confirm to them you have paid the right ammount by messaging them
6.Once their confirm, don't forget to ask your delivery schedule or tracking id (if they use TIKI-JNE service)

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
Okay, just want to compile the information from [MENTION=671]nissa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18769]Rachalda[/MENTION] that i've got from Rachalda's introduction thread (https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/introduce-yourself/63315-hello-tropical-guinea-piggies.html) and add some more information especially on veggies (as we all know it's difficult to get proper and acceptable veggies for our pigs).

VEGGIES (Jakarta) :
- Ranch Market : varieties of veggies, a bit pricey
- Kemchicks : varieties of veggies, a bit pricey
- Sogo Foodhall : mostly basic Asian veggies, but lettuces are available

VEGGIES (Bandung) :
- Papaya : great varieties of leafy greens > all varieties of lettuces (romaine, red lettuce, green lettuce even lollo rosso), celery, asian celery, parsley, mix salad bag (pricey), basil, siomak, cilantro, asparagus, zucchini, okra, sometimes they have mizuni or endives which make them perfect for daily varieties. The price are cheap-normal. This is my favorite place for buy veggies. And don't forget to make Papaya's Member Card, you'll get shopping point everytime you shop there...it's so much fun and cheap.
- Giant Pahlawan : romaine and green lettuce are mostly available, mint, thai basil/kemangi, zucchini, cherry tomato, baby carrot, kucai and some asian veggies that acceptable for pigs. Price is a bit expensive, good varieties for veggies that listed on 1-2 times a week.
- Griya/Yogya Ciwalk : lack varieties of lettuce (mostly they only sell green lettuce, but sometimes you can find romaine and red there), almost similar with what's in Giant Pahlawan, but the price is cheaper (I calculate it's almost half price cheaper than Giant Pahlawan), they have the cheapest bell peppers (red, yellow, green) from all these 3 supermarkets. Too bad they rarely have mint and zucchini.

PELLET (CP DIET) :
-
Mega Petstore (Jl Lembong - Bandung)
- Itto Petshop (Jl Leuwi Panjang - Bandung)

nissa

Cavy Slave
My senior pig has been having some problems lately, so I've been stocking up on medication/supplies. I'm hoping to never have a need them though, at least for a while more. Thought I'd share.

CRITICAL CARE (and other Oxbow products):

Available from an online reseller here:
(broken link removed).

She has other Oxbow products available, including Cavy Cuisine, Cavy Performance, Timothy Hay, and Orchard Grass. Not everything is listed, however. Do ask if you're looking for anything in particular.

I've bought from her several times now and I'm always happy with her service. Everything arrives within several days (it might take a few days longer if you live farther away) and she is super friendly. You might even be able to arrange a pick-up/request a COD option if you live in/around Jakarta Barat.

Because supplies can be hard to find and availability isn't consistent, I'd recommend stocking up on several pouches of Critical Care just in case. Make sure to ask about the expiration date though. The hay I've purchased from her also seems slightly greener/fresher than the ones in physical stores.

Payment via bank transfer (BCA) as per usual.

MEDICATIONS:

I've purchased several medications through online pharmacies. This is one I used very recently:(broken link removed)

You can certainly find most of the items posted here, even things that are slightly harder to find. Such as:
- Nizoral SS Shampoo (Ketoconazole 2%) and other topical anti-fungals
- Metoclopramide (a. k. a. Reglan but under several different brand names) or Cisapride
- Acidophilus capsules or acidophilus infant sachets
- Kaolin-Pectin (under several brand names)
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% (under several brand names)
- Meloxicam (a. k. a. Metacam but under several different brand names)

They also have Genteal Eyedrops and Terramycin Ointment (for eyes) listed but both are currently out of stock. You could always ask if they have similar products, like I did when their listed brand of the antiseptic chlorhexidine gluconate was unavailable (they sent me a different brand of solution but with the same ingredient/concentration)

Payment via bank transfer (BCA or Mandiri) as per usual.

IVERMECTIN:

Available here:
JUAL OBAT DAN VITAMIN KELINCI « Rhuna Rabbit

Listed under the brand name Intermectin: Ivermectin 1% Injectable Solution, 10 ml. It is the same concentration as Ivomec 1% Injection 10 mg/ml and the dosing guidelines on GL can be used exactly, whether topically or orally.
He also ships within several days and you can request Tiki ONS (One Night Service) if you need your Ivermectin ASAP for any reason.

Note
: Though dosing instructions are included, I strongly suggest using the dosing guidelines on Guinea Lynx here.

Payment via bank transfer (BCA or BNI) as per usual.

Please note that you should always see a cavy-knowledgeable vet should you notice any illness in your pigs, but having emergency medications onhand is always a good idea.

Now, I just noticed that most of the links above point to worst-case-scenarios where our pigs are sick and need handfeeding and/or meds. So I would end this post on a more positive note. Treats! :mischievo

WHEATGRASS:

Organic wheat-berries or wheatgrass seeds can be found here:
Welcome to Verdure Bali.

It's very cheap too! 1 KG of wheatgrass seeds only costs Rp65.000,- That is A LOT of wheatgrass. I have a Lexen sprouter and 1 KG of seeds can grow up to 10 trays of the stuff. Or about 20 pots or so, I would guess. The seeds also have a 97% germination rate. I *do not* have a green thumb whatsoever and I successfully grew trays upon trays of the stuff. You can order via e-mail or phone and they ship within several days. Yes, they ship virtually anywhere in Indonesia. It's a better option than the so-overpriced cat grass sold in pet shops (I was never successful growing them).

Payment via bank transfer (Mandiri, but perhaps also BCA) as per usual.

Don't forget to go slow with the grass if your pigs are not used to it!

PS:

Plaza Senayan's Sogo Foodhall is the best when it comes to veggies compared to the other branches. On good days, they have loads of lettuces (red and green oak, butterhead, green and red curly, cos, and romaine).
Most Foodhalls also sell herbs in pots (several varieties) should you want to buy a pot or two for piggy treats. Happy shopping!

Last edited:

Rachalda

Cavy Slave
@nissa
for intermectin it's said injected... could it be used orally?
btw thanks for your post for Oxbow Critical Care supllier. Her price a little bit above Hime if I'm not mistaken... but that's okay...

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
@Rachalda : as far as I know, injected medication should only be used for injection.

Okay, from the link that @nissa gave us on the previous post (JUAL OBAT DAN VITAMIN KELINCI « Rhuna Rabbit) I found out that there are 2 another medications on the list can be used on guinea pigs :
- Intertrim Oral 500 (trimethropim sulfa)
- Enroten (enrofloxacin a.k.a baytril)

Another medication that can be bought at any petshops is dog/cat wormer that contains albendazole (which I just found out that it can be used too). Usually guinea pigs were given fenbendazole, so everytime I went to petshops and see albendazole I just passed it. But after I read : https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37747&highlight= I think I would buy it as soon as I can :)

Norit (activated carbon/activated charcoal) is also a good medication that might be helpful. Here's what I read about activated charcoal for poisoned guinea pig :
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6778
[url]https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63269&highlight=charcoal

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63105&highlight=charcoal
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62826&highlight=charcoal
[/URL]
I will add more if I find something new...
Thanks for the support, it surprised me to see how many things we could compile and how I found that all of every single things are soooo helpful :)

Last edited:

Rachalda

Cavy Slave
@fridzalone
Sorry I'm not too good in recognizing medicine. what's the use of Intertrim (is it bactrim?) and albendazole if I may know?

nissa

Cavy Slave
@Rachalda and [MENTION=13113]fridzalone[/MENTION], in the case of Ivermectin, the injectable solution CAN and SHOULD be used topically or orally unless administered by a vet. If you do a search on Ivermectin, you'd notice that a lot of people that treat with Ivermectin topically/orally use the injectable solution.

https://www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin_products.html#injection

I've administered it topically myself. When using the oral dosing guidelines, you'd have to dilute the solution further in propylene glycol and that's a bit too fiddly for me.

[MENTION=18769]Rachalda[/MENTION], you're most welcome. Her prices are slightly more expensive but having Critical Care onhand is worth it. Intertrim (trimethropim sulfa) is Bactrim. Always useful to have onhand. :)

[MENTION=13113]fridzalone[/MENTION], thanks for mentioning both the Bactrim and Baytril. I must've missed it. And thank you for starting the thread also. There's a limit as to what we can do as GP owners in Indonesia, but this should help a lot of people. :)

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
@Rachalda wormer is medicine/anticipation for worms threat. Some people give their guinea pigs with wormer once or twice a year.

[MENTION=671]nissa[/MENTION] Wow, how can I missed this part from guinealynx :
Use 1% injectable ivermectin:
dt.gif
Topically (undiluted)
dt.gif
Orally (usually diluted)
dt.gif
By injection (undiluted)

Thanks for clearing this out, nissa :)
And I do wish this thread would help a lot of guinea pig owners in Indonesia *hugs

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
Just want to add some new information about the vets that I got from friends.

My friend did some autopsy on her dead piggie to Rumah Sakit Hewan IPB - Bogor. This hospital is also recommended by another friend. They said the vets was pretty good in handling pigs, I'm not sure are they cavy savvy, but we can list them in.

Another recommended vet is Dr. Rotoro who also open practice in Dr. Cucu's clinic (Dr. Cucu herself is very recommended for canine and feline, so professional). The address :

Drh. Cucu Kartini Sajuthi
Ruko Nirwana blok J-1 No 2
Jl. Sunter Permai Raya
Sunter Asri Tahap III
Jakarta Utara
Phone : (021) 6515261/ 6516252
Fax : (021) 6515324
Open 24 hours

She said Drh. Rotoro is experienced in handling exotic animals, including guinea pig. Must give him a try.

Another information from me :
If you want to buy impraboard from Toko Sama Jaya (in Bandung area), you can just call the store by phone and tell them you want to order impraboard. They will deliver it for you, and you can pay when you received the impraboards. But they won't deliver if you only order 1 impraboard, I ordered 5 impraboards and they still deliver. So make sure you buy several pcs. Trust me, buying 5 impraboards for only Rp. 175.000,- is not a waste at all, you can always use impraboard for everything. :)

Rachalda

Cavy Slave
Most Cavy Savy Vet in Jakarta

Okay, on request of @fridzalone
here I give you the address of the most cavy savy vet in Jakarta.

CAVY SAVY VET (JAKARTA)

Notes: Make sure you make appoinment call before the visit because the Doctor schedule

SUNTER, JAKUT
Drh. Rotoro [hanya dia yang cavy savy] -thx to pinkberry
alamat di
Drh. Cucu Kartini Sajuthi (Praktek Bersama) -24hr
Jl. Sunter Permai Raya Ruko Nirwana,
Sunter Asri Tahap III Blok J-I No.2
Jakarta Utara Telp: 021-6515261-62

GREENGARDEN, JAKBAR
Drh. Rotoro
Praktek Dokter Hewan Bersama, -Not 24 hr-
drh. Cucu K Sajuthi, dkk.
Green Garden block I.9 no. 35, Jakarta, Indonesia 11520.
(021) 58302918

KEMANG, JAKSEL
Drh. Siti Zaenab
My Vets Animal Clinic
Jl. Kemang Selatan 8, No. 7A
Tel: 021 7668241
Clinic open: Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 10am-3pm
House calls by appointment.
Phone: 0816 1872729 or 0815 1809746

BSD, TANGGERANG
Drh. Siti Zaenab
animal clinic my vet BSD
Nusa Loka, JL. kalimantan Blok e2 no. 4
No. telp : 5384236

ALAM SUTERA, TANGGERANG
Drh. S.R.Rotoro
Praktek Dokter Hewan Bersama Alam Sutera Drh. S.R.Rotoro, dkk
Alamat: RUKO JALUR SUTERA KAV. 19A NO.22, ALAM SUTERA SERPONG - (021) 4555 0404

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
LUCKY! I wish we had those stuff here in Philippines, looking for supplies can be hard work :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.