Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

POLL: Which Mobile App is Better? Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

Tapatalk or Forum Runner

• TAPATALK! (I've used both)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • FORUM RUNNER! (I've used both)

• TAPATALK (It's all I use and I LIKE it)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Tapatalk (It's all I use and it's okay)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • FORUM RUNNER (It's all I use and I LIKE it)

• Forum Runner (It's all I use and it's okay)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above, just felt like voting anyway!

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I haven't used either one but I think Tapa would be a better choice because more people would be able to use it. Forum is limited in what technology it supports but Tapa supports more technology including everything Forum supports.

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
I don't have any of the devices that use these so I'm stuck always using my laptop! lol

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I haven't used either one but I think Tapa would be a better choice because more people would be able to use it. Forum is limited in what technology it supports but Tapa supports more technology including everything Forum supports.

I'll repeat my comments from the other thread in case people don't read that one:

I offer both of them, it's up to you to decide which one you like better. Plus, these apps support MANY, MANY other forums. So, some people will already have one or the other and be using it. And their functionality is a little different. Forum Runner may not be the bigger player, but they offer push notification of posts and such that you can configure.

So, it's not a black and white decision. Plus, software vendor-wise, it's never a good thing to put all your eggs in one basket if you can avoid it.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I've posted this in the thread about this but I'll post it here too so it's helpful to those checking out the poll.

I just purchased TapaTalk (I've got a Blackberry) and it works great! The font is large enough to read without zooming in. It's easy to navigate and it's so much easier to use than simply logging into the site on my phone (lots of zooming in and scrolling from side to side there because of my small screen).

I can't say about Forum Runner as I haven't tried that but TapaTalk gets a thumbs up from me.

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
:importantI am VERY happy with FORUM RUNNER! specially because I am able to attach pictures from my cell phone without having to save it anywhere. Before the app I would take the picture- email it to myself- then attach it. Now I just click the + on the thread and it gives me an option to attach from file (forum pre existing pictures) or from camera. If I choose camera it allows me to take the picture and it attaches to the post automatically. I am addicted!:important

Tricia_TD

Cavy Slave
Tapatalk as I use it for a few forums.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I like tapatalk. It lets me take a picture in the middle of a post and attach it or attach one I've saved to my iPhone. I like the timeline and unread features a lot.

BlackCat

Cavy Slave
Love tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.