Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

STILL waiting.....No babies yet

Alwayzbuzy

Cavy Slave
So my piggy Charlotte is STILL pregnant. Am still waiting. Was able to get more info from the lady I adopted her from though. She said she got two females from the petstore and both turned out to be pregnant. So after the babies were born, the petstore told her that they needed to stay with their mama for 5-6 weeks. That's where the problem started. SO, unfortunately, my Charlotte was made pregnant by her son. YUCK. I hope everything turns out okay for my girl. She is SO sweet. Been giving her lots of veggies and hay. I will be separating any male babies at 21 days and building a separate C & C for the boys. If she only has one boy I will adopt another one to keep him company. Don't tell my husband. :eek:hmy:

MommyOfMany

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My pig just had two babies and I do plan on keeping them also. Instead of getting MORE piggies for the male(if there's only one) why don't you get him neutered? That's what I'm planning on doing, because neuters only cost about the same as they would for a cat and they're not as risky as a spay would be. They also get to stay with their cagemates and you don't need to buy a whole new cage.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
wow, still pregnant! Well, I guess just keep us updated!

Alwayzbuzy

Cavy Slave
Mommyofmany, thank you for the idea. That is definitely something to consider. Sweetiepig, I will keep you updated. Poor thing is so uncomfortable. Pelvic bones are open so I really think it could be any day. Can see the babies kicking and not just feel them. I can't wait!

MommyOfMany

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You're very welcome! I know it's SO hard to wait, I had given up on her having babies and literally the next day they popped out! Lil' baby pigs, you're so sweet, I can't wait until you wheek! Okay, so that didn't really rhyme but I made that up on the spot! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.