Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Did you go back to meat, and then find is absolutely boring?

katebkate

Cavy Slave
I ate meat again for about a week. I went back because I didn't feel good eating animals, and also, there was no reason for me to stay. Meat tasted boring.

I had pizza with my friends. Meatlovers and supreme. I used to LOVE meatlovers so much. this night, I had a slice of meatlovers, then went crazy for the supreme, simply for the capsicum taste. The next night I stayed there, I couldn't eat the steak (had my braces tightened heaps, hurt to eat). I was actually really enjoying the steamed veggies on the side, which I used to hate. Broccoli, carrot and mash potato.

I think it's because I have more variety, more flavours with vego food. My parents eat meat, though still like plenty of vego meals. The other night dad got really excited when mum said he was having meat pie for dinner. He got a little less exciting when he realised she meant NORMAL pie, not the ones she made from quorn mince lol.

Henrysmommy

Cavy Slave
The thing I miss most about being veg/vegan is the variety of foods I use to eat. I had to try new things constantly to get all of my nutrition in, now my day to day meals are bland and often grabbed in a hurry.

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Quite the opposite actually. I found that my veg*n diet was bland and boring, and I was eating too many processed and soy-based foods. It caused a lot of problems for me, some of which I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. I was vegan/vegetarian from ages 13-18.
When I went back to eating meat, at first it was out of necessity. I didn't have the time or money to spend balancing a veg diet. Not that cheap meat is chock full of nutrients or anything, but it did put my mind at ease somewhat. Now that I have started eating only local [organic] meats, and am cutting back significantly on the grains I eat, I have been feeling a lot better/healthier, I *like* to cook, and I have been losing weight.

katebkate

Cavy Slave
Hmm I suppose it all depends. When I ate meat, well, I suppose most of the meals themselves were a bit boring, may have been different if the meat had been cooked in something yummy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.