Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Gone but will never be forgotten

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
As of this past Saturday, July 2, I officially became pigless.

My last girl, my beloved Chatterbox Harlequin aka Chatty, crossed the rainbow bridge. She was 6 years 9 months old.

She was the girl that started me with the pigs I kept for the last several years and she outlived all of her cagemates. She is what got me researching more about piggies, leading me to this site and becoming a mod/admin here.

My little chattarat, you had a very good, very spoiled long life with me and you won't be forgotten.

My forum name may still be Ly&Pigs but I am now Ly&NoPigs. :(

kaite13

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what your going through. Rest in peace Chatterbox.

chubbypiggies

Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for your loss...
But I am positive that Chatty is more than proud to have a owner like you. She is probably bragging in piggy heaven right now about how her mommy has helped countless of people to the correct guinea pig care, and it all started because of her!
She sure is one lucky pig to have such a knowledgeable owner to love and spoil her.
And now she can finally have unlimited veggies =)
(Thank you Ly for teaching me how to spoil my pigs the right way!)

Supermissdeedee

Cavy Slave
Oh ly! Im so sorry! Are you going to get other pigs someday? Getting another animal helps with the sadness. I got astro the day after my Lilly passed and I felt a lot happier (still sad but better)

Duffinvt

Cavy Slave
Ly, I am so very sorry for your loss.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Oh no, I'm so sorry Ly. Chatty had a fabulous life with you! It's amazing how many people you have helped because of her. You are still Ly&Pigs, but the pigs are now just in your heart. <3

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I have no plans to get more pigs. I do still have my 2 rattie boys and my kitty cats.

All of my pigs will always live on in my heart. As well as all the other animals I've had throughout my life.

She has left quite a legacy. :)

Thank you all for your kind words and your condolences.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Ly, I'm very sorry for your loss. We're all very lucky that you had all of your guinea pigs. It's obvious how much they meant to you for you to devote all the time it took you to research healthy food choices for them. Thousands of guinea pigs eat healthy diets because you took the time to make your nutrition charts available online. Thank you.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry for your loss! Your piggie Chattie had a long and happy life, and knew she had a very special mommy.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I lost my rattie boy Duquesne last night. Two of my babies gone in a week's time. It's enough to break a person's heart.

Gabbels

Cavy Slave
:sorry: Hope you feel better soon.I felt horrible after my guinea pig died after over 6 years together. You become like soul mates.
I will pray for you tonight.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Oh Ly...I am so very very sorry for the loss of Chatty and Duquesne. I just cannot imagine not only suffering through one loss, but losing two beloved friends in one week is beyond mere words.

I am so incredibly sorry for this crushing grief, and hope that once the numbness of grief has lessened, you will find comfort in knowing that you and Chatty paved the way for better guinea pig awareness, and in educating thousands of people on proper guinea pig care and especially on their nutritional needs, to live a long and healthy life !

In my book, you are a hero ! A true champion. What a difference you have made, Ly...in the lives of not only your own beloved pets, but in the countless lives of so many others. I too, want to thank you. :heart: Thank you so much !

Last edited:

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to read about your losses, Ly.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm terribly sorry Ly. Meg sends you kisses. She's still going strong and still manages to get the zoomies, even at her age.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
VJ, tell my grandpiggie Meg that I thank her for the kisses. It's great to know that she is still doing very well. It's hard to believe that she turned 6 this past May. Where does the time go?

I'm still really down about my babies passing. I've had a C&C for so many years and now there is none. I just have my rattie boy Tripper left but he's missing his buddy just as I am. He's up there in age too as he is older than Duquesne.

Other than Tripper, I just have my kitties.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It really does mean a lot. It's so hard to deal with them passing.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry about your losses. It's really hard. They definitely stay in our hearts, though. They seem to inhabit a special place.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Aww so sorry Ly. The passing of an animal is so hard but two right in a row really throws you for a loop. Love up your other animals, eat and get plenty of sleep until you feel ready to mourn. I know for me it takes a week or two for the pain to really set in and the loss hits me hard. Take care of yourself...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.