Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello Everyone I'm New

P

PiggiesEast

Hello Everyone I'm New

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I have one GP and his name is Mel. He is light brown and white and very vey cute. I just made him a bigger cage from cubes and coroplast, thanks to this website. He appsolutely loves the extra space to run around. Eventhough my family thought I was crazy coming home with a two four foot sheets of coroplast. My family says no more pets but I feel like I should get a buddy for my melly. Do any of you have problems like mine? Would you get another GP if you were me?

R

RedStripedRose

I did!

Welcome! I know exactly what you mean. I was going to get one piggie, and looking at the website of the closest rescue to me. I saw that they only adopt in pairs unless you have a piggie. Well, I had no piggie, so I thought it over. I'd be quite unhappy if I never got to speak to or see another human for all my days. I then immidiatley decided that I needed to get two. Two isn't much more expensive, nor is it much more work. I figured that I owe them that. I'm geting a pair from the Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue. I'm getting them on the 16, and I can't wait!!

P

PiggiesEast

Congrads!!!

That's great good luck with everything!!! How do you find a rescue near you? I live in NJ and I am sure they're around I just am new at all of this and don't know where to start looking. I appreciate all the help I can get!!!

kate.venta

Cavy Slave
Re: Hello Everyone I'm New

Hi, I'm new too. I'm trying to convert from paper to fleece bedding but have so many questions!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

There are dozens of guinea pig rescues on the east coast. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a pig.

BeckieL

Cavy Slave

type in the name of the city closest to you and follow it with "guinea pig rescue" and see what comes up in google. I typed in "round rock guinea pig rescue" because I live in round rock and it popped up with "austin guinea pig rescue" which is where i'll be adopting my 2nd pig later this month!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Also look on www.petfinder.com. Choose "small and furry" as the type, "guinea pig" as the breed.

Contact any rescue that's close to you even if they don't show the kind of guinea pig you want. Rescues are all run by volunteers, and many of them have full-time jobs in addition. The websites don't always get kept up to date.

Also, contact one even if it looks too far from you. Most rescues are just a group of foster homes, and there may be one much closer to you than the address indicates.

Mihaela

Cavy Slave

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I have one GP and his name is Mel. He is light brown and white and very vey cute. I just made him a bigger cage from cubes and coroplast, thanks to this website. He appsolutely loves the extra space to run around. Eventhough my family thought I was crazy coming home with a two four foot sheets of coroplast. My family says no more pets but I feel like I should get a buddy for my melly. Do any of you have problems like mine? Would you get another GP if you were me?
I would definitely take a friend for my buddy, even if the family say no, after you bring it in the house, they will not say anything.
It also happened to me :)

lauren11

Cavy Gazer

Hi everyone,
I have two beautiful girls called Charlotte and Emily. Charlotte has longer hair than Emily. Charlotte is brown, black and tan, Nd Emily is shiny black. Charlotte is timid and Emily is into exploring her environment. But in their hutch it's Charlotte who is bossy with the food. They are two happy and spoiled guineas who I love very much.

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

Twinkie125

Cavy Slave

Hello everyone im zac. I have 1 Guinea pig named louie. Hes white with a couple brown patches. Ive always wanted a Guinea pig so now i have one hes my little buddy. I didn't know very much about their diets till i was reading this forum. Thats everyone i will very happy to have a Heather piggy. I look forward to reading more information about them diets cages etc. Hope everyone is doing well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.