Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    11 Rec'd/8 Posts

question about my girls eye

I have 3 female guinea pigs who all seem to be very healthy and all of a sudden yesterday one females eye looks a little watery. I waited a bit checked on her again and it was a small amount of gooky white dishcharge from only one eye. I wiped it out and examined her eye is all looks fine and i checked on her again that night she was fine. This afternoon she had a little bit again in the same eye. She seems fine acts normal no runny nose or anything. Is this normal or is there anything else i can check before i decide if i need to go to the vet or not?

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator! VoodooJoint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3,254 Rec'd/801 Posts

Re: question about my girls eye

Most likely she scratched it on a bit of bedding or hay. Keep a watch on it. If the discharge goes away it was likely very minor and has healed on it's own. If the discharge continues and/or if her eye appears irritated or she's blinking a lot or if she starts showing discharge in the other eye as well or nose discharge then a vet visit is in order.
    Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much.

Maude from Harold and Maude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    11 Rec'd/8 Posts

Re: question about my girls eye

Thanks so much! I was thinking this was it and i hope it is nothing major i'll keep watching her. She tends to be the dominant one who jumps in all the bins when i refill with hay and i wondered if maybe one did nick her eye.

User Tag List