Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Got Pretzel's cage done!

PretzelsMom

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad that we got him out of the cat carrier and into his new cage. I am exhausted from running around getting the parts all day (went to 3 stores to find cubes, had my 2 year old with me and am currently 4 months pregnant) but it was worth it. I spent all afternoon putting it together only to have hubby promptly take it apart to reconfigure it (to add the stand as an attached piece rather than floating with zip ties as I had planned). Which is fine with me, he loves projects and this got him involved/invested. Pretzel hasn't done much but sit in his igloo since we got him but now that he has all this space he runs around and explores and even made some noise! I got some fleece today to try out so I'll post pics of the cage once I get that in there. I'm rather annoyed by how the cloroplast came out- somewhat uneven with pen marks and score marks on the outside (I had to rescore it once due to forgetting to account for the grid connectors). So once it's covered in the fleece I'll post a pic! I'm just relieved he is in a big safe cage and can be happy. He even let the kids feed him lettuce and carrots today...which amazed me since my 2 year old is not exactly still or calm but he took it from her wiggly little hand anyway. :)

Hopefully someday hubby will agree to get him a friend. I think I'll have to wait several months to bring it up. Our baby is due in September and I doubt that he will want to get another guinea pig when we are focusing on a newborn baby. Maybe for Christmas?;) We'll see.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Pics??? We love pictures! Haha Cangrats on the new cage. I was about 4 months preg when I got guinea pigs again!!!

lissie

Cavy Slave
Yes. We love pics! I'm glad your husband is on board with the C&C cage.

PretzelsMom

Cavy Slave
Alright, here are some pics. I apologize if they are huge, I'm not so good with sizing things down...
Cage001.jpg

Cage003.jpg

Pretzel003.jpg

(This last one is of him hiding in his tube from my daughter who kept hovering near the cage and chanting "Pestwel, Pestwel!")

llonka

Cavy Slave
Wow I love your cage!! Your hubby sounds like mine, and it takes some pushing to get him to agree anything. Love your stand, my pigs are on the floor right now. Hopefully I can get hubby to make them a stand or something. I also have little kids, a four year old and three year old. I ended up buying a pad lock so the pigs are locked in!

Looks like you are doing a good job! Keep it up! lol

PretzelsMom

Cavy Slave
Lol...yea if you look close you can see we have two carabeaners (sp) and a quick-release keychain (tricky release that stumps my 5 year old) holding the lid on!

MeggiePeggyMom

Cavy Slave
This looks great! Pretzel is going to be doing some serious popcorning in there!

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Awh he's so cute! Glad you finally found the materials and built one rather than the midwest cage. It looks great, I want to re do my cage soon too. I'm thinking a 3x5 hmmm... :eek:ptimist:

FlowersGrandma

Cavy Slave
Looks good and that's a great height for the kids to watch, but not climb on to see. He's going to be very happy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.