Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Traveling With Two Guinea Pigs

queen.copper

Cavy Slave
I am possibly adopting a second pig, but I am going on a fairly long road trip later this year. I was wondering if anyone had tips on 1. Car trips with piggies in general, and 2. car trips with two piggies. I particular if it is best to have them in separate cages or the same cage (to keep each other company?) for the car. I was going to put them in smallish pet store cage/s (as opposed to carriers) for the trip since it will be about eight or nine hours.

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
I think putting them in a pet store cage for traveling should be fine as long as it's bigger. I have had to travel with my piggy a few times and used a pet store cage as well. I would think it would be better if they were together so then they are calmer and less anxious on the ride.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
My friend took her piggies out of town with her family. I believe they were in a petstore cage. This was a good 4 hour car trip and they did fine and did fine in their cage for the weekend. If you can I would bring some grids to make a pen for them so they can stretch their legs.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Guinea pigs travel well. Don't use a water bottle while driving--it will leak all over and your pigs will get wet. Offer them the water bottle at stops. Feed them greens on the trip--this will give them the water they need.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.