Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Took the pig to vet...

Zao77

Cavy Slave
Well I took my poor pigs into the vet yesterday. They did a skin scraping/culture to see if they had mites or lice.. but nothing came up. The doctor was more concerned since one of them sneezed. So she gave me some antibiotics for the two of them. She also wrote me a perscription for some product called Revolution, it is supposed to kill off mites, lice, and other skin ailments, however she didn't recommend using it unless it was a last resort if he is still itchy weeks from now.

poor pig..
anyone else ever hear of the drug "revolution"?

I haven't gotten it filled yet, since I need to go to another vet for the perscription.

FurryCritters
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
I must tell you that skin scrapings often find no trace of mites even when your piggy does have them. I would reccommend that you tell your vet that you want them treated as a precaution anyway. I have never heard of revolution and I thought that only Ivermectin could kill mites, but I could be wrong.

FurryCritters
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Denise

Cavy Slave
I am not certain, but guessing that Revolution may be just a brand name for ivermectin just like certain antibiotics have different names for the same thing. I would also use it anyway. I agree about better safe than sorry.

Hansel

Cavy Slave
THere is a commercial on TV for a medicine called Revolution but its for cats...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.