Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts

Chinchilla with diarria

Im sorry if this does not belong here, but I need some help. I went out of town for about a week and had someone come over and feed all the animals. Well, I pointed out and even labeled everything but hamster food got fed to my chinchilla. When i saw it i took it all away, he has his normal food and hay but hes got the runs. Hes still eating, drinking, taking his dust bath, playing, acting normal. I know they can hide their illness and im really worried. Im gonna try and make an appointment with the vet on monday, is their anything i can give him to make his tummy feel better? Its a good sign if hes still eating and drinking right? Thank you for any advice anyone can give me.

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,447 Rec'd/1,918 Posts

Re: Chinchilla with diarria

I would imagine that it would take a day or two for your chin to get used to his regular diet again and in that time the diarrhea should clear up.

I'd just monitor for the next couple of days and see how he does. If he's acting pretty normal and eating well, then all should be well. There is nothing to give him to make his tummy better without seeing a vet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts

Re: Chinchilla with diarria

Thank you!

User Tag List