Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating anesthesia on an old pig

pigsmakemesmile

Cavy Slave
We're still hanging in there but going downhill slowly still. I just can't get him to eat and don't know what else to do.

Is it more humane to put him down or should I keep any hope? I'm hoping he'll hang in there till my husband gets home from a business trip Wednesday. Selfish maybe but I don't want to be alone.

I would give him critical care and syringe him water. Is he pooping and Peeing?? Is he on any pain medication? Have you been in touch with the vet about the pig not eating? I'm sorry to hear the little one's not feeling well. Good luck.

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
I would give him critical care and syringe him water. Is he pooping and Peeing?? Is he on any pain medication? Have you been in touch with the vet about the pig not eating? I'm sorry to hear the little one's not feeling well. Good luck.

I've been force feeding him. He's showing very little interest in veggies and doesn't eat much when he does. The vet wanted to wait and see if he started eating, I'll call her again tomorrow to see. He's getting more lethargic now. I feel horrible.

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
I lost him last night. He passed in my arms. Tough little guy, I'll miss him.

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm really sorry. You did all you could and I'm glad you had each other.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Words aren't enough to make you feel better, I was there three weeks ago, so here's a story:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
Very very sorry to hear.....piggie huggzzz

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you lost him!! You tried so hard.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.