Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Vegetarian Recipes

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
We had a going away party for my brother last night (He's getting ready to go to Iraq.), and a couple of his friends are vegetarians. We were having a taco bar to go with the copius quantities of alcohol, and while the vegetarians coming were very happy with the refried beans, cheese, and veggies that I provided, I wanted another side dish for them beyond chips, salsa, and guacamole, so I made this Spanish (style) rice.

Spanish (style) Rice
1 onion - medium dice
2 cans Rotel or store brand diced tomatoes w/chiles
3C Jasmine rice
4C veggie broth
1pkg vegetarian meat substitute crumbles (optional - I used Morningstar brand)
olive oil
salt, pepper, chili powder to taste

In a wide pot with a lid, heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pot and sautee the onions and crumbles. Season with a bit of salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice. Stir in rice, getting all of the grains thoroughly mixed in. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Cover and turn pot to low and let simmer untouched for 15 minutes. Take pot off heat, and leave for 5-10 minutes, still covered. Fluff with a fork or wooden spoon and enjoy!

This is also really good with frozen corn kernels or a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) stirred in with the rice at the beginning. Bell peppers sauteed along with the onions would also be a nice addition, as would some cilantro or parsley mixed in at the end.

socal805

Cavy Slave
I've made this twice now and it is so good, it is one of the best veggie soup recipes that I have come across

Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 (1 pound) package frozen pepper and onion stir fry mix
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
  • 4 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
  • 12 ounces tortilla chips
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
  • Optional 1 (11 ounce) can black beans
  • Optional 1 (11 ounce) can pinto beans
Directions

• Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the pepper and onion stir fry mix, garlic,chili powder and cumin, and cook 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Mix in the tomatoes and chile peppers. Pour in the broth, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
Mix corn and beans(if using) into the soup, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve in bowls over equal amounts of tortilla chips. Top with cheese and avocado

You can do alot with this recipe, add more or less chili powder and use more or less of the chili peppers according to your taste. You can subsitute fresh onion and bell peppers for the frozen and add other vegetables depending on what you have in your house.
The tortilla chips are wonderful and I like to top with cilantro, Yummy!

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
One thing I would like to say I love this site!! I personally like rice, with sugar snap peas, with beans. Beans taste gross with the sauce, so rember to rinse it off first. Then you put in half a cube of veg. broth. I like the beans so they look like mashed paotoes. I like adding basil, curry powder,minced onions, and garlic powder to it once all together!!

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
I don't have any recipes, but I have an idea. For parties, instead of the chicken and stuff like that, you could just go to your local Edible Arrangements store and get a fruit platter.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
I have one, but I need my mom to give me the recipe. Cream cheese is okay, right?

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
What is good is
One bag of rice
Curry Powder
Soy Sauce
Veggies(What ever kind you like)
Soy Milk(optional)
You boil the water, and then put in the rice. You cut up the veggies, and put them in the water with the rice. When cooked at high add curry powder and soy sauce. Don't add too much or it will not taste good!

Hope you liked it!!:love:

MinnieMay9

Cavy Slave
I saw this on Rachael Ray the other day and made it. I used a too small cast iron skillet, so I didn't get everything mixed as well as I probably should have, but it still turned out great.
The BF even liked it, and he complains when I try and drag him to veg-retaurants because there is "no meat."

Ingredients

>4 tablespoons butter
>4 tablespoons flour
>3 cups milk
>Nutmeg, to taste
>1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano, divided
>2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
>1 garlic clove, cracked
>1 bunch green chard, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
>2 pounds spinach, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
>1 box no-boil lasagna noodles

Yields: 4 servings

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Place a medium pot over medium heat and melt the butter. Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter and cook for about a minute. Slowly whisk the milk into the butter-flour mixture and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let it thicken a couple of minutes then stir in about a cup of the Parmigiano. Set the sauce aside.

Place a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Toss in the cracked clove of garlic and cook for a minute or two to release its aroma and flavor. Add in the chard and wilt it down, about 2 minutes, then wilt in the spinach a few handfuls at a time. Season the greens with salt and pepper.

Break the pasta sheets into large pieces. Toss them into the skillet and give them a good stir to incorporate them with the greens. Pour the sauce into the skillet, stirring again to evenly incorporate everything. Smooth the top down and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano over top of the lasagna.

Cover the skillet with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil from the pan and let it finish uncovered for about 15 more minutes to brown the cheese.

Last edited:

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
This isn't much of a recipe but here it goes:
Ingredients:
Apples,Bananas and Peanut Butter
Items: Knife, 2 Spoons and Large Bowl
1.Cut up the apples and bananas to the size you want
2.Put them in the Bowl
3.Add the peanut butter to the bowl
4. Mix and enjoy!

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Vegan squash bread!
Finally, after a ridiculous amount of trials (8!), I converted the original (vegetarian) recipe to vegan. Even after all that bread, I still like it, though I'm getting really sick of pumpkin and butternut squash. Omnivorous test subjects liked it a LOT. (Tell them after they eat it.)

1 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon: salt, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups butternut squash, cooked
1/2 banana

Yeilds: 1 loaf or ~6 muffins

I have only tried it with fresh squash, so I don't know how it will do with something from a can.

Cook the squash until tender: I cut it into pieces, scooped out the seeds (good idea to save them to bake later) and then put it in a pot and steamed it for about 20 minutes until the squash is almost falling apart and the skin peels nicely.

In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients together, mix.

Add the wet ingredients and mix (for the banana I added it and then used a potato masher to squish that and any remaining chunks of squash and to mix it).

Pour into bread pans or muffin tins or whatever you want, making sure to grease before doing so.

Preheat oven 350 F.

Bake 350F for 55 minutes.

Note: The bread will remain wet! Do not cook much longer than 55 minutes as this just makes the bread get somewhat rubbery in consistency. And possibly burn. Only cook longer if it jiggles like Jell-O when you shake it. If you want it drier you can try adding more baking soda.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Okay, my mom was looking through ALL of her recipe books/magazines and found this in one of her Taste Of Home magazines (I have tried it and it is really good!)

Cheesy Walnut Burgers ( they are meatless)

• 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 6 hamburger buns, split
  • Ketchup or plain yogurt, optional
Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties.
In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
To bake, place patties on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes on each side, turning once, or until browned. Serve on buns with ketchup or yogurt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.

Even though it says 6 servings, when my mom made them she said if she were to make them into 6 they would have been quite small, so she made 4 instead. I don't know that you could make it vegan because I think the egg is supposed to hold it together.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Vegan rice crispie treats

6 cups puffed rice cereal
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup light corn sryup
1 tablespoon soy margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In addition to the above ingredients you'll need a heat resistant spatula, a small pot, a very large bowl, and a lightly greased large piece of wax paper (at least 9x13 in area, I used oil spray).

Begin by heating the syrup in the pot over medium heat then add the sugar to the pot. Stir continuously for a few minutes, you might start to notice it bubbling at the bottom, if it starts to become frothy turn down the temperature some. When it starts to look like its boiling add the margarine (I used earth balance) stir till evenly mixed, then add the vanilla, still stirring. If you notice that the syrup/sugar mixture does not boil you can turn up the heat, or just add the margarine and the rest of the ingredients after a few minutes it will still work fine, just make sure to spend a few minutes stirring the syrup and sugar before adding the other ingredients).

As the syrup and sugar are on the stove in the very large bowl measure out about 5 cups of the cereal.

pour the heated mixture over the syrup and began stirring with the spatula making sure to evenly combine the ingredients. You might want to add another cup or more of the cereal, depending on the amount of saturation your looking for (I find about 6 cups of cereal allows all the cereal to be covered in syrup but not too gooey: still crispy.)

when stirred to satisfaction, pour the cereal on to the wax paper, using the spatula to push it into a large rectangle, approximately an inch or so thick.

Allow the rice crispies to cool till hard, about an hour or so (although sampling of a chunk of warm rice crispies is possible for instant gratification!)

Serves: about 20 medium sized squares

Preparation time: 15 prep, 1 hour to cool

I think these are so good a little sweet for me but very good

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
This is a recipe that I love.

Vegetable Pizza

2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough (my mom makes our own crescent roll dough)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch style dressing mix
1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup shredded carrots (I prefer mine chopped)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).

Roll out the crescent roll dough onto a 9x13 inch baking sheet, and pinch together edges to form a pizza crust.

Bake crust for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Once finished cooking, remove crust from oven and let cool 15 minutes without removing it from baking sheet.

In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and dry ranch dressing. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Sprinkle broccoli, tomato, green bell pepper, cauliflower, shredded carrot and cheddar cheese over the cream cheese mixture. Chill for one hour, slice and serve. Makes 12 servings.

My mom uses ranch dressing already made and uses just enough to flavor the cream cheese mixture. You can put pretty much whatever veggie you want on it. Some recipes use herbs to flavor the cream cheese, but this is the most convenient because you do not have to buy several different herbs.

LuLu the Guinea

Cavy Slave
Orange Chicken Style Tofu

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or adjusted to your taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1-tablespoon water
Hot cooked rice

Directions:

Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and sauté in 2 tablespoons oil until browned.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sauté garlic and green onions in remaining 1-tablespoon oil until garlic is golden.

Add water, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.

In a small cup or dish, mix together cornstarch and water until thoroughly blended. Pour cornstarch mixture into sauce, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce thickens to your liking. Remove from heat and combine with tofu until completely coated. Serve over rice.

Note: use more or less cornstarch mixture depending on how thick you like your sauce. You can also add ginger if you like that flavor, or orange peel or orange juice concentrates for more orange flavor. Enjoy! Mix in some vegetables to the rice and put the dish on top of that. Delicious!

Makes: 1-2 servings depending how hungry you are, Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes

Pan-fried Tofu
Ingredients:
8 oz. Tofu
Vegetable oil (olive, soy, etc.)

Natural soy sauce

Garlic powder or garlic salt (optional)

Directions:
Slice an 8 oz. cake of tofu into 4 or 5 slabs. Place on a hot, well-oiled skillet. Sprinkle garlic powder and soy sauce on the tofu as it fries. Fry 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until the tofu has a crisp, outer skin. Place on top of a hot bed of rice.
Suggestions:
For lunch, try the tofu maker’s favorite sandwich—pan-fried tofu with ketchup and mustard on whole wheat bread.

Tofu Marinade

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup rice vinegar
1 Shallot, minced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper

Directions:
Stir all ingredients together, and soak sliced, cubed, or blocked tofu for 1-2 hours in marinade before cooking. Then after marinating the tofu bake, fry, or deep fry it.

Tofu Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients:
1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed
1/3 cup soymilk (or milk)
2 tbsp mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
3/4 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Whisk together the soymilk (or milk), mustard, nutritional yeast and spices until smooth in a wide bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Coat each piece of tofu with soymilk and mustard mixture first, then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry in oil until golden brown, serve with ketchup, barbeque sauce or other dipping sauce and enjoy!
For a lower fat alternative, lay tofu piece on a covered baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
Makes 2 servings of vegetarian tofu nuggets.

Spinach Lasagna
Ingredients:
2 packages of chopped frozen spinach, 10 oz size -- thawed and drained
32 ounces of spaghetti sauce
3 cans of 8 oz tomato sauce
1 pound of box of lasagna noodles
20 ounces of shredded mozzarella
10 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
32 ounces of small curd cottage cheese
3 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly drain spinach. Mix together spinach, cottage cheese and eggs in medium bowl. Set aside. Set aside one can of the sauce. Set aside 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese. In large roasting pan (about 11Wx16Dx3H), layer the ingredients (about 3-4 layers) in the following order: spaghetti and tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, spinach mixture, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese. Finish off the top with reserved tomato sauce. Sprinkle on reserved mozzarella cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife or fork can easily be inserted in noodles. Allow it to firm for 15 minutes before serving.

NOTE: Recipe is great for company. Leftovers can be frozen for convenient meals later.

Granola

Ingredients:
4 cups rolled oats
1-cup wheat germ
1/2-cup nonfat dry milk
1-cup nuts -- chopped
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1-cup hot water
1/3-cup honey
1/4-cup molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup dried fruit – chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together oats, wheat germ, dry milk, nuts and nutritional yeast. In a small bowl, stir together hot water, honey, molasses, and vanilla. Add to dry mixture, stir thoroughly. Spread mixture evenly on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with fruit and allow it to cool. When completely cooled, store granola in covered containers.

Serving Ideas: Serve with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit.

Scrambled Tofu

Ingredients:
1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
1-tablespoon olive oil
1 medium chopped white onion (about a cup)
2 cups mushrooms
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4-cup nutritional yeast
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 carrot (grated)

Spice blend:
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon thyme, crushed with your fingers
1-teaspoon paprika
1/2-teaspoon turmeric
1-teaspoon salt

Directions:
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high. Sauté the onions 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes more. Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes more. Add spice blend and mix it up for 15 seconds or so. Add 1/4-cup water and deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to get all the garlic and spices.

Crumble in tofu and mix well. Don't crush the tofu, just kind of lift it and mix it around. You want it to remain chunky. Let cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding splashes of water if necessary to keep it from sticking too much. Lower the heat a bit if you find that it is sticking. Add limejuice. Add nutritional yeast and mix it up. If it seems too dry add splashes of water. The moistness really depends on how much water the tofu was retaining before you added it. Grate the carrot into it and fold.

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Ingredients:
1/2 lb tofu
3 tablespoons canned tomato paste
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon molasses
1 small onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
1 small jar sliced mushroom
2 tablespoon vegan Dijon mustard
Salt, pepper, chili pepper and oregano to taste

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add molasses. Crumble in tofu and brown, stirring to prevent burning. Add tomato paste and mix well, adding water to bring to 
desired consistency. Stir in mustard, onions and tomatoes. Add oregano and chili 
powder and continue mixing and heating. Stir in mushrooms, 
ketchup add vinegar. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. When thoroughly heated, serve on toasted sandwich buns or in 
tortillas or pitas.

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
1 lb. silken tofu
3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

Directions:
In a blender, purée the tofu until it is smooth. Add the melted chocolate and blend thoroughly.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
I discovered these two recipes in the latest edition of Simple and Delicious. They make a great meal! The soup needed tweaking to make it vegetarian, but I love it and it's yummy.

Spinach Tortellini Soup
Ingredients:
3 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 celery rib, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 quarts of vegetable broth/stock (very easy to make your own. Originally called for chicken bouillon granules and water)
3 cups parsnips, sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cubed (or any combination of these three. Originally called for cooked cubed chicken)
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I used fresh spinach)
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes (I used fresh minced parsley. Ratio is 3 to 1 when substituting fresh for dried)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano (I used fresh minced oregano)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt)
2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini

Directions:
In a dutch oven, combine the potatoes, parsnips/sweet potatoes/yams, carrots, celery, onion and vegetable broth/stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir in spinach, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, pepper and salt; return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).

Herb bubble bread
Ingredients:
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. dried parsley (I used fresh)
1/4 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. each dried thyme, basil and rosemary, crushed (I used fresh herbs)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed (my mom makes our own bread dough in large batches and freezes it so we can pull it out as needed)

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine cheese and seasonings. In another bowl, combine butter and garlic; set aside.

Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into balls. Coat balls in butter mixture, then dip in cheese mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.

Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Vegetarian Cesar Salad Dressing

Since it can be hard to find a good vegetarian cesar salad dressing I came up with one.

WARNING: Very strong garlic taste. Do not eat if you are a vampire. Sorry, halloween has gotten to me. Anyways I usually don't put in as much. The recipe also makes a lot.

INGREDIENTS
5 Garlic cloves
1 1/2 Cup of Oil
4 Tbsp of Red Vinigar
1/2 of a lemon (the juice)
Worcestershire Sauce (10 shakes)
1-2 tsp Mustard
1 Eqq Yolk
Salt/Pepper
1 tsp. Sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
add lemon juice
then garlic, vinegar, worcestershire, mustard, salt/pepper, sugar
add 1 egg yolk

mix with mixer
slowly add the oil while mixing (very important)

There it is, love it! Let me know what you think of it!

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
The texture is a little bit different than your average jello, but it jells nicely and tastes really good. I like it just fine without added sugar but if you like things sweeter you can add some sweetener to it.

Vegan jello

1 quart fruit juice
5 tbsp. agar agar flakes or powder
Chopped fruit (optional)

Place liquid and agar-agar into saucepan, stir to dissolve the flakes/powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Place any additional ingredients into a shallow bowl and pour hot liquid into bowl.Chill until jelled.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Stuffed Squash. Any squash will do, whatever is your favorite. I've made this with butternut and acorn.

Start by Cutting the squash in half remove the insides and bake in the oven at 400 in a pan face down with about an inch of water. Cover with foil and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until it is nice and tender. This will take the longest.

Main ingredient

Soyrizo, like chorizo but without the salivary glands and lymphynodes.

Other veggies I have used, but can be easily changed:
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 small onion, it can be sweet, white, yellow whatever you feel like.
1/4 of a bell pepper chopped, I like yellow but any will do. Make sure to give some to the pigs.
2 leaves of swiss chard
1 stalk of celery
Zucchini, small amount
Yellow squash, small amount

Chedar cheese or Soy cheese

Start by frying up the soyrizo to desired crispiness in a large skillet or non-stick pan. I only use about 1/3 of the whole package of soyrizo because I mainly use it for it's flavor and small amount of added texture.

Add the peppers and onions on the opposite side of the pan to cook them a little bit. Add the rest of the veggies and stir it in with the soyrizo till it's all mostly cooked. Add the garlic last. Removed the cooked squash from the oven, dump out any remaining water, flip them over and fill the center. Add a slice of cheese or sprinkle grated cheese on top. Put back in the pan face up cover loosely with foil and put back in the oven until the cheese is melted.

Remove from oven and enjoy.

This is a flexible recipe. Sometimes I even add a little quinoa especially if I have a little left over from something else.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Vegetarian Pot Pie.

I made this for the first time tonight and I love it. I used equal amounts of potatoes, carrots, peas, corn and a small handful each of green beans and leek to make up the 6 cups of vegetables. I used half vegetable stock and half milk. I used the regular crust. I also used a bottom crust as well as a top crust and used a round glass pie dish instead of a casserole dish.

LindaKaufman

Cavy Gazer
Поделитесь опытом.
Я готовила салат для дочери с морковью, ела с удовольствием, хотя обычно она не любит овощных салатов.
Тебе понадобится:
4 тертых моркови
1-2 столовые ложки дождя
1-2 столовые ложки сушеной клюквы
1-2 столовые ложки тертого кокоса
1-2 столовые ложки орехов пекана
1-2 столовые ложки грецких орехов нарезать
1-2 столовые ложки тыквенных семечек
1 столовая ложка масла на ваш выбор
1 столовая ложка яблочного уксуса
1 столовая ложка меда
1 чайная ложка тертого свежего корня имбиря
1/2 чайной ложки дижонской горчицы
Соль и перец по вкусу

Как готовить:
Шаг 1
Смешайте все ингредиенты в стеклянной салатнице.
Шаг 2
Взбейте заправку
Шаг 3
Залить салат и бросить, чтобы покрыть
Шаг 4
Подавать немедленно или оставить на мостике накрытым до 2 часов, чтобы ароматы смешались

Сделано по рецепту https://club.cooking/recipe/best-carrot-salad/, есть еще другие виды салатов, но моей дочке они не нравятся, поэтому я это сделал)

LindaKaufman

Cavy Gazer
Share experiences.
I cooked my daughter carrot salad, ate with pleasure, although she usually does not like vegetable salads.
You will need:
4 carrots grated
1-2 tablespoons rains
1-2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut
1-2 tablespoons pecan chopped
1-2 tablespoons walnuts chopped
1-2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon oil of your choice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

How to cook:
Step 1
Combine all the ingredients in a glass salad bowl.
Step 2
Whisk together the dressing
Step 3
Pour over the salad and toss to coat
Step 4
Served immediately or leave in the bridge covered for up to 2 hours for flavors to meld

Done with a prescription https://club.cooking/recipe/best-carrot-salad/, there are still other kind of salads, but my daughter does not like them, so I made this)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.