Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need help..

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Glitter please spell properly I am finding it so hard to read your posts. Just because they have fur doesn't mean they are outdoor animals. Cats have fur, dogs have fur.. none of which belong outdoors 24/7.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Glitter. Capitilize and punctuate your posts. This is your last warning.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Gunieapig are outside animals they have fur dont they there not indoor animals they like the smell of fresh air and grass i say keep them out

Wrong! Only wild guinea pigs are outdoor animals. Domesticated guinea pigs should be housed indoors. I know not everyone does keep their pigs indoors, but those who do keep them outside usually have them in a shed or provide safe habitats for them outdoors.

I dont think loise should be banned for having his say on things
Louis was not banned for having his say, he was banned for breaking the rules on this forum.

Voodoo gave you your very last warning. There will be no more warnings, you will either follow the rules or be banned. You are walking on very thin ice as it is.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs come from the andes mountains in Peru where the temperature averages between 50F and 80F meaning most people do not live somewhere that stays in a good temperature range year round. Plus they do not provide the appropriate shelter the guinea pigs would have in the wild to stay out of the extremes of the temperature range. Last these guinea pigs are not wild. They were raised in air conditioned and heated houses. Putting an animal outside that is not used to it is just asking for trouble. I'm all for keeping animals in natural conditions. Horses kept inside in heated or air conditioned barns are more likely to get sick when they are taken out for work or show than horses left out in all weather extremes. However horses came from areas of snow and heat and they have been raised and bred outside even after they were domesticated. A little research and common sense shows it is very obvious guinea pigs are not made to live in the variety of environments that are found outside most of our homes. They are also a major prey animal and it is very irresponsible to place them outside without doing everything possible to keep them safe. You took on the responsibility of caring for that animal and therefore you are not allowed to place them in a position where they are at a higher risk of a cat or wild animal getting through the fence to attack them. When I was little we lost all our guinea pigs becuase they lived outside under the deck in our strongly fenced in yard and a dog dug under the fence. We found all the guinea pigs dead in the yard curled up from the pain. They had survived that way for 6 years but even having it happen once in 6years is too much risk.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
CuteFluffyThing said:
Please stop acting the animal rights activist. Louis is banned , end of story

Please don't be rude. It was only a joke! -__-

John4216

Cavy Slave
And what is wrong with being or acting like an animal rights activist? I for one would prefer to see GP's kept indoors also but understand there are a rare few who can and do have appropriate outdoor environments setup for them, however, that is rare and not the norm. I feel the same way about dogs being kept outside also.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
CuteFluffyThing said:
Please stop acting the animal rights activist. Louis is banned , end of story

Louis should NOT have been banned for saying that he can't be bothered doing something!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
The Magic Taco said:
Louis should NOT have been banned for saying that he can't be bothered doing something!
That is not why Louis was banned. Don't jump to conclusions.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
You need to get the full story first Taco, there were several other reasons for why he was banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Taco-If you had bothered to read post #23 before posting yourself, you would have known why Louis was banned. I don't want to see anymore mention of Louis period. He is banned, he will not be allowed back, end of story. The moderators here ban for good reason and good reason only.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Sorry....I didn't really read the entire post. I didn't know there was a second page.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.