Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Nervous Eating?

• Thread starter CuteCritterLuvr
  • Start date

CuteCritterLuvr

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I was recently handling my piggle Caramel, and was offering her food to try and make it as positive an experience as possible (she's not used to being handled yet). For about 5-10 minutes she wouldn't eat, then it's like something went off in her head and she started downing every piece of food around her!

I'm wondering, was this nervous eating or what? Because she was scared stiff then something clicked and she started snarfing down food.

I realize nervous eating is a primarily human trait, but animals surprise me with their odd behaviors all the time. I'm just wondering if this is one of those surprises or if she was just comfortable.

Thankyou!
:love:

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I'd say it was just taking your piggy a bit to get used to her surroundings and to realize that it was safe to eat.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
She probably just relaxed and then realized that she missed out on a valuable 5 minutes of eating and so she thought that she had better eat the veggies before they run away!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.