Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why do we love Guinea pigs

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
So i want everybody who reads this post to tell me "Why do you love guinea pigs" :love:, they reason why you fell in love with this lovely and smart creatures, say whatever you want to say :)

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I love the way they are loud, and wake me up at 5 am because they want some veggies.

I love the way charlie bites my toes when I walk through the room.

I love how jake never stops talking. EVER.

I love the way they love me, unconditionally.

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
I love the way they are loud, and wake me up at 5 am because they want some veggies.

I love the way charlie bites my toes when I walk through the room.

I love how jake never stops talking. EVER.

I love the way they love me, unconditionally.

Hahah adorable, Jake is just like my Teodore he talks all day and bites my toes too

Flssgrl

Cavy Slave
I love how each of my girls has their own distinct personality.

I love how the squeak and squeal when I say "GIRLS".

I love how each one of my trio, when being held by someone else on the other end of the couch will bravely travel the eight or so feet to come and sit with mommylol

I love piggie feet and when they they completely relaxed and stretched out.

I love the sound of veggies crunching.

Most of all I :love: Piggie LIPS!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
I love them because

No matter how down, miserable, or angry I am they still treat me the same, wheeking at me for veggies and treats

when I come in with a head of romaine lettuce and say "you want your lettuce, boys?" they wheek as loud as they can

Knowing I can give such wonderful, non-judgmental creatures the life they truly deserve makes me a happier person. When I look at my Pippin, and see him in a 3X5 cage with his bud Merry, running around, squeaking,stopping to eat some lettuce, and having the time of his life... I remember back to when he was in a petstore cage, occasional hay and veggies, alone, with a pigloo and fiesta mix pellets.... and I can feel so happy to FINALLY giving him the live he deserves

silverstream007

Cavy Gazer
I love the way they squeal at the top of their lungs when they recognize the sound of the fridge opening.

I love the burst of excitement I feel when I see them popcorn.

I love their pudgy bodies and short little legs and the fact that their bottoms lack a tail.

No matter what, they'll love you in exchange for your own love and care.

Africa

Cavy Slave

lol, I second that, their lips are precious!!

I also think its freaking hilarious when Pepper rumble struts - shaking that butt from side to side - especially him because his bum is brown and rounder compared to Popcorn's

I love it when they do random popcorns and when its totally unexpected - those one's that are straight up and low to the ground - unlike the uncontrolled spasm popcorning that you know is coming when they get excited. Basically I just love all the different types of popcorns!

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
When Louie does his sweet little Louiepops, cause hes so excited to get his veggies
When Joey waddles his way around, the fur on hus butt shaking
The wheeking
And yup, those little piggie lips.

Evelyn

Cavy Slave

I love how each one of my trio, when being held by someone else on the other end of the couch will bravely travel the eight or so feet to come and sit with mommylol

Ahy those piggie lips are the best and the little feet :love:

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
When Louie does his sweet little Louiepops, cause hes so excited to get his veggies
When Joey waddles his way around, the fur on hus butt shaking
The wheeking
And yup, those little piggie lips.

Louispops lol so cute and original and I know the butt shaking my teodore does it all the time too

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
lol, I second that, their lips are precious!!

I also think its freaking hilarious when Pepper rumble struts - shaking that butt from side to side - especially him because his bum is brown and rounder compared to Popcorn's

I love it when they do random popcorns and when its totally unexpected - those one's that are straight up and low to the ground - unlike the uncontrolled spasm popcorning that you know is coming when they get excited. Basically I just love all the different types of popcorns!

Oh my God who does not love those random popcorn , they look like they having a heart attack out of nowhere lol:crazy:

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
I love the way they squeal at the top of their lungs when they recognize the sound of the fridge opening.

I love the burst of excitement I feel when I see them popcorn.

I love their pudgy bodies and short little legs and the fact that their bottoms lack a tail.

No matter what, they'll love you in exchange for your own love and care.

Yeah when they burst of exciment at 6am asking me for food, I think that is the only sound that gets me up happy :)

Evelyn

Cavy Slave
I love them because

No matter how down, miserable, or angry I am they still treat me the same, wheeking at me for veggies and treats

when I come in with a head of romaine lettuce and say "you want your lettuce, boys?" they wheek as loud as they can

Knowing I can give such wonderful, non-judgmental creatures the life they truly deserve makes me a happier person. When I look at my Pippin, and see him in a 3X5 cage with his bud Merry, running around, squeaking,stopping to eat some lettuce, and having the time of his life... I remember back to when he was in a petstore cage, occasional hay and veggies, alone, with a pigloo and fiesta mix pellets.... and I can feel so happy to FINALLY giving him the live he deserves

Everything you said it is so true, they are just such of happy little animals and they bring so much joy to your life.

Evelyn

Cavy Slave

They do have different personalities, like my Teodore is the older one so he is like so outgoing asking for foos every 5 minutes but Simon in the other hand is much quiet and sweet and love to be handle but Teodore just hate it lol

Amy1981

Cavy Slave
I love how my Bella will popcorn like crazy when she has floor time. It has begun to resemble that of Bambi (from the movie) when he's all excited. She is just too cute.

I love how Fancy wants to trust me. (I've only had my piggies for about 3ish weeks) She wheeks and chirps to say hello, and when I put food in for them she gets quite vocal about it. I always hand feed them each a veggie or two before I put their dishes in and Fancy comes up to me, sniffs the veggie in my hand and runs behind her corner hidey and slowly comes back out. She gingerly takes it from my fingers and scampers back to her hidey. Silly girl.

I love how they get excited and start to wheek super loud when my daughter comes in the room. And how they "yell" at me (quite loudly) when I go to leave the room and stop only when I say "I'll be back in a minute ladies."

I love how they both popcorn and run around when I put fresh fleece down. It makes me happy to know that I'm giving them a much better life than they had. :cheerful:

cuckooforcavies

Cavy Slave
Reason's I love 'em-

I love how they do a 360 in the air while popcorning

I love the originality of 4 toes on their front feet, 3 toes on there back feet

I love the way there mouths go when they chew

I love the sound they make when they chew

I love how there is a vertebrate for a tail, but no tail in sight

I love there pudgy little bodies

I love that they will eat a blade of grass 3x bigger than them, and then you wonder how such a big thing can fit in something that little

I love the sight of them putting there mouths around the water bottle

I love there little toes

I love how they scamper about, to and fro

I love how they are so curious

I love there silky fur

And I LOOVE there piggy lips!!!!

drumfun

Cavy Slave
I love how vocal they are.

couchon

Cavy Slave
I love how innocent they are and how they would never hurt anyone.

Africa

Cavy Slave
I love it when they taste something for the first time - Pepper's lips take the veggie very carefully and his mouth crunches it like he is eating something very sour.

If he likes it then he starts to eat it normally.
But if he hates it then it just drops to the floor and he looks up at me in disgust! ha ha lol

I also love their cutie floppy ears!

When I look at how wonderful and complex they have been made I know how much God loves me. They evidence for creation can been found in one Guinea Pig!!!

Last edited:

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
I love their heart warming squeaks at 6 in the morning because they want veggies

I love when they popcorn soon as you put them in the cage for the first time

I love the sound of crunching veggies when they are eating

I love the way the look when they're sleeping

And like others said, I love the piggy lips

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.