Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

guinea pig died

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you!I appreciate it.

I felt bad for you at first because I thought people were attacking you. However, after reading your 'exactly! no reason to dwell on the past.' I thought that was very odd. The past wasn't exactly ten years ago and people are trying to get you to understand that you should've taken your Guinea Pig to the vet. People don't want to see another Guinea Pig end up in the same situation. Once again, though, I am sorry for your loss.

Added: I DO feel bad for you, but basically what I was saying is everyone commenting on how you should've taken her to the vet was right.

I am kind of surprised at how you said, "No reason to dwell on the past," as if it is no big deal. "The past" wasn't long enough ago to even be able to refer to it as such, and it IS a big deal. I would think you'd be devastated at Cheeka's death and upset that you didn't act when she desperately needed help. Sure, people handle things differently, but I would think you'd be at least a little upset that your pig's death could've been prevented by you. Shouldn't you be regretful of what happened because you failed to provide medical treatment when Cheeka was seriously ill? Surely you are aware of the fact that when an animal can't move, it is crucial that you seek veterinary attention at once. At least, I hope you are now.

Another piggy poem was brought to my attention that I wanted to share.

Precious Piggies

If Guinea Pigs were jewels, they'd be of the rare and precious kind,
The sort of gems of various hues, not very often mined.
If Guinea Pigs were flowers, of course they would be blooms,
Of Orchids bright in colour, to brighten up the gloom.
If they controlled the weather, only sunny days there'd be,
For them to run and frolic and share with you and me.
If Guinea Pigs were little stars they'd sparkle bright and clear,
To let you know,no matter what that they are always near.
Our Guinea Pigs are all these things, but more important still,
They're little bundles stuffed with love, for us to have our fill.

Francesca Houghton

Im very upset over my piggy, she was a gem!

Beautiful poem.

Im very upset over my piggy, she was a gem!

Yes and I understand that, I just didn't get the apologetic vibes from you that I guess I was seeking. I know you loved her, but your reasons for not getting her to a vet when she absolutely needed medical attention are too vague to help me understand why you couldn't have gone. For the future, it'd be best for you to do more research into signs in guinea pigs that mean vet attention is needed. Learn the norms and not-so-norms so that when your pig begins to show symptoms, you'll be ready. GuineaLynx is great, and I hope you'll check it out.

That said, while I hate to drag on a thread like this, I feel it important to emphasize the big idea here--that responsibility and awareness with your pets is absolutely crucial. And I hope you now understand that.

Her death happened so fast it wasn't a 24 hour period,when I said a day!She seemed healthy up until a few hours or so.I kept her happy and healthy everyday.
Thanks!

Infact I did much research.I was on this forum everyday,for months.
Thank you

I think that anything else I have to say would be rather a moot point. I am so very sorry for the loss of your guinea pig; I can only imagine how hard that must be. I have said to you everything I wanted to say so at this time I am going to bow out of this thread and give my best wishes to you and your future pigs. Adieu.

Another piggy poem was brought to my attention that I wanted to share.

Precious Piggies

If Guinea Pigs were jewels, they'd be of the rare and precious kind,
The sort of gems of various hues, not very often mined.
If Guinea Pigs were flowers, of course they would be blooms,
Of Orchids bright in colour, to brighten up the gloom.
If they controlled the weather, only sunny days there'd be,
For them to run and frolic and share with you and me.
If Guinea Pigs were little stars they'd sparkle bright and clear,
To let you know,no matter what that they are always near.
Our Guinea Pigs are all these things, but more important still,
They're little bundles stuffed with love, for us to have our fill.

Francesca Houghton

BEAUTIFUL!! Where do you find GP poems? Love to read some:p

My pig cheeka passed away two days ago.She was bloated and not moving for a day.I'll miss her.

So sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace and you see her again.:weepy:

I looked up google typed in guinea pig poems.
Have a nice night.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.