Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Are these safe? Need help asap

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
My hubby is at Kmart looking at this cube set for making our quarentine cage bigger. I know I read that Kmart grids are unsafe, but this brand is different. Can someone help tell me if this brand is safe. It is called, Stor Floor Standing Storage Unit - 6 Cube Set. I would link it to Kmart, but I do not know how. Can someone be kind enough to take a peak at it to see if it safe for me? I think I counted 9 grids across and 9 down. Anyone heard of this brand?

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Hi Grace, is this the one:
(broken link removed)

Here are the dimensions:
(broken link removed)

pinky

Cavy Slave
My hubby is at Kmart looking at this cube set for making our quarentine cage bigger. I know I read that Kmart grids are unsafe, but this brand is different. Can someone help tell me if this brand is safe. It is called, Stor Floor Standing Storage Unit - 6 Cube Set. I would link it to Kmart, but I do not know how. Can someone be kind enough to take a peak at it to see if it safe for me? I think I counted 9 grids across and 9 down. Anyone heard of this brand?

I bought mine at KMart and they were 9 spaced ones which are safe.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
Yup, that looks like the same pic... Just as long as they are 9 holes, correct? Across and down? Do I have to measure the hole space too? Make sure it is 1 1/2"? Thanks.. You guys are the best! We knew you would come through fast.. HUGS and wheecks, lol

pinky

Cavy Slave
Yup, that looks like the same pic... Just as long as they are 9 holes, correct? Across and down? Do I have to measure the hole space too? Make sure it is 1 1/2"? Thanks.. You guys are the best! We knew you would come through fast.. HUGS and wheecks, lol

I don't think you'd need to measure them but if you wanted to, I think the rulers would be nearby. The grids I bought were in the office supply dept so the rulers were close by. I didn't measure mine but did open the box to look at them.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I don't think you'd need to measure them but if you wanted to, I think the rulers would be nearby. The grids I bought were in the office supply dept so the rulers were close by. I didn't measure mine but did open the box to look at them.

K, thanks.. My poor hubby has had a bad day trying to find the grids. We usually order them online from somewhere else, but he thought we could do it cheaper this way. I called a sign store and they were can sell me a full sheet of coroplast this morning, told them my hubby would be there by 5. When he got there, they sold all their coroplast, except for 2 sheets that were a few inches off the size we needed. So, he gave us what they had free and my wonder hubby thinks he can make them work. Then he went to Walmart about 15 miles away from us, becuase their store locater said they had the grids in stock from a safe company I saw on here when searching for safe grids in the threads. Well, he went over there and although online said they had them, they didn't.

So, I have been calling all over tim buck two trying to find grids and hubby is at Kmart trying to get these.. He has been gone for hours, lol.. He cannot find zip ties either, lol.. He is having a heck of a day..

Thanks Guys, I am sure he will call me any second to tell me he measured it..

pinky

Cavy Slave
I found zip ties really cheap at our local dollar store. Most hardware stores also carry them, too.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I found zip ties really cheap at our local dollar store. Most hardware stores also carry them, too.

I think he was trying to conquer all his shopping in one area today, not having much luck though.. Poor guy... At least he loves our pigs to go through all this.. Wait till he gets home and finds out he is going to build it still tonight, lol I love my hubby!

thebeachdreamer

Cavy Slave
This probably won't post in time because I am still under the newbie rules, but he can find the zip ties at home depot in the electrical aisle....they have them in black, white or pretty neon colors :O)

Have fun!!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I think he was trying to conquer all his shopping in one area today, not having much luck though.. Poor guy... At least he loves our pigs to go through all this.. Wait till he gets home and finds out he is going to build it still tonight, lol I love my hubby!

ha ha.... sounds like you have a Saint Hubby on your hands....:p

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
Oh you are so lucky! I found those same grids. They are okay to use for sure. Mine were on sale but I think they end up being cheaper in the end. The 6 pack is the perfect size for a nice big cage! :)

Walmart has zip ties but they are in the car section. You will find them in all sorts of weird places. People use them to tie together electrical cords.

I hope you found everything!

Nicolene

Cavy Slave
We went to 5 different places the other day and couldn't find one single box of grids. They all told us to come back right before college starts, so we're holding off on remodelling.. :)

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
We went to 5 different places the other day and couldn't find one single box of grids. They all told us to come back right before college starts, so we're holding off on remodelling.. :)

My first c&c was made from grids I got when I was in college and no longer had a need for. They were REALLY cheap and on sale with all the dorm stuff. This is really good advice! :) Especially when you have coupons!

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
Walmart told my hubby it was because of kids going to school too! :) But, we found them and every single box was opened hubby said. So, he had to go through them, count them, get all the pieces back in.. He found zip ties there too, lol.. The 6 cube was only 19.99! Pretty cheap! I wish I would of done it this way when I bought my C & C cage, which was about 280.00! LOL.. Duh, now I know better.. I didn't think my hubby could build it since we did not know what it was at first, lol

He builds them so fast now.. He is working on it right now.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
ha ha.... sounds like you have a Saint Hubby on your hands....:p

Behind every good man is a better woman, lol.. No, no, he is a great guy.. I love watching "Pretend" to be so manly about the pigs. He loves them. When we rushed Lady up to the Er vet, he was teary eyed. I catch him talking to them at night before he goes to bed. They come to the cage everytime he walks into the room.. Hahaha, softy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.