Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference New Cozy Bed Instructions

mona_caramelo7

Cavy Slave
Once again great idea!

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness- Gpigs- STOP POSTING THE pictures because you are making me super-jealous!! stop.. please...
Haha, you know I was just kidding around, right? I really can't figure it out- I mean how to sew it together....

Great job! I love your creative thinking too! I just wish I were as smart and creative as you...

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness- Gpigs- STOP POSTING THE pictures because you are making me super-jealous!! stop.. please...
Haha, you know I was just kidding around, right? I really can't figure it out- I mean how to sew it together....

Great job! I love your creative thinking too! I just wish I were as smart and creative as you...

The easiest way to sew it together is most likely the criss-cross hidden stitch.

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
The easiest way to sew it together is most likely the criss-cross hidden stitch.

Well, I knew that, it's just putting it together- but I already got that figured out too. Thanks anyways!:):)

jenga122

Cavy Slave
Here is my attempt at your cozy bed. I actually made it just a little bigger so all the piggies could fit on it. We call it the cozy couch. I added 3 stitches through the middles to keep it from getting too puffy. Thanks for the tutorial. The piggies love it. Here is my youngest kid feeding Christy a fresh green pepper.

IMG_0467.jpg

carlei120

Cavy Slave
Do you sew with a sewing machine or by hand? By the way I love the cozy I might have to make one for my piggy!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Holy Cow Jenga! I want to order 12 HAHA....

jenga122

Cavy Slave
I will do it a little different next time. The hand sewing of the back rest to the main pillow is what was tough for me. My wife says that I am becoming quite the holly homemaker for the piggies. lol

It does give you a sense of accomplishment seeing the piggies using something that you made by hand though. Of course it is quite humbling when they jump up on the couch and use it as their litter box. :( Little buggers don't know how hard it was for me. LOL.

friddee

Cavy Slave
That is so cool. Thanks for the instructions. I'm just kind of learning how to sew and I love "practicing" with chin and piggy stuff. Stupid question but how so you cut a circle? I thought about tracing something but can't think what will work. Any suggestions?

take a pen that youre going to draw with, and another pen to hold in your hand,then take a thread thats a little longer than of the diameter : 2 of the bed and knit the ends to the pens so that the distance will be exactly diameter : 2 and put the pen on the fabric, and suspend the the thread and go all around with the other pen marking and you have a neat circle in the diameter you wanted. hopefully you understood. lol

jenga122

Cavy Slave
I do exactly as friddee said but I steal a piece of my kids chalk and use it. It seems to write on fabric better for me. I am sure they make something you can buy to write on fabric but who wants to spend money when you don't have to. :)

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
Just book marked this so I can come back to it when my ordered fleece gets here! Super cute!

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
I know what I am going to be doing this weekend!
What a cute idea! Thank you for sharing.

(broken link removed)

lillypearlandme

Cavy Slave
Great! I LOVE this! Now, all I need to do here is suck up to my mother and get her to sew this...

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Okay wow gpigsrsweet you are like a guinea pig bed genius!! I just have to learn how to sew so I can make this for my girls. Also snickers is super adorable and she looks sooo comfy:) Thanks for the instructions!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.