Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference New Cozy Bed Instructions

zozobear2

Cavy Slave
I love this idea! All I need now is fleece!

CavyTimothy

Cavy Slave
oh my gosh that is amazing, I'm going to have my mom make me one of those! Great idea if i could i would give you a 10/10.

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
I don't know why I haven't commented on this yet, but this is so cool. My girls would be all over that If I made one. :]

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone, this has been a great cozy in the recent hot weather. It still seems safe enough, but it isn't covered. Oreo has especially been laying on it:

None.jpg

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
That is so extremely cute! I will just have to make a few for my pigs. About how long did it take you to sew these?

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
A while. :eek: But that's because I'm an awful hand-sewer, and I had to sew each piece together by hand.

michellexgix

Cavy Slave
Do you think you could stuff it with cut up fleece or would it not be as comfy? I would be scared that the guinea pigs would get through to the stuffing and eat it. Also I think it would be better as you can just pop it in the washing machine then.

What do you think?

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
It would take an awful lot of fleece! If you do a good job sewing, they shouldn't be able to get to the stuffing, and I put mine in the washing machine.

I think it's possible, but I'd just go with the stuffing.

cam767

Cavy Slave
I saw this a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to try it. I found the instructions to my sewing machine a couple of days ago (this should show you how "well" I sew) and cleared a space on the table. I had some left over stuffing from a project I attempted a couple of years ago for my ferrets. I got some fleece on sale at a local drug store ($1.99 for a 50x60 blanket) so I'm good to go. Now if I don't sew my fingers to the fleece I should be all set. lolol

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
I finally learned how to sew (thank God, because I was getting very jealous seeing people with their amazing cozy designs), and I started making one of these - but I don't know what to stuff it with?

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I used Poly-Fill stuffing from Walmart. I got a good-sized bag for $3.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
That is REALLY clever!! It looks like a big armchair. And she looks so regal sitting in it. Like a little queen, or A-list movie star. The close-up photo is quite a glam shot!

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
I just bought the fabric to make this and have sewn the circle and rectangles and have stuffed the circle already. How do you stuff the long rectangles? It's so hard to get the stuffing to the bottom, how did you do it?
Anyways, I can't wait till it's finished! It's such a great idea!!! The pigs are gonna love it! Thanks GPigsRSweet :)

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
That picture of Oreo is so adorable!!! I wish I was gifted to sew, but Im really bad. Those look soft, and would do good in one of my pigloos.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I just bought the fabric to make this and have sewn the circle and rectangles and have stuffed the circle already. How do you stuff the long rectangles? It's so hard to get the stuffing to the bottom, how did you do it?
Anyways, I can't wait till it's finished! It's such a great idea!!! The pigs are gonna love it! Thanks GPigsRSweet :)

I just kept pushing it from the outside, guiding it down the chute. :) Took a bit of effort because it's such a small (and long) rectangle! Glad you liked the design! Thanks guineapig67!

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
I just kept pushing it from the outside, guiding it down the chute. :) Took a bit of effort because it's such a small (and long) rectangle! Glad you liked the design!

Thanks!:cheerful: It really is hard. The tube is so skinny! This will be my first sewing project! Making stuff for the pigs is such great beginner practice!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
If you have something long and skinny (like a dowel), it helps to poke and push the stuffing down. Good luck, I hope it turns out well! Post pictures. :)

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Maybe a yard stick? I don't have a dowel. Thanks! Me too. Did you hand sew the whole thing or just hand sewing the pieces together? Oh yes, I will post pictures!

Bella_and_Rosie

Cavy Slave
SNICKERS!!!!!! thats is such a cute name and he (or she?) is sooooo cute!!! I love him/her!!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
LightningPig, I just hand-sewed the pieces together.

Thanks Bella_and_Rosie! Snickers is a girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.