Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference New Cozy Bed Instructions

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I just saw this thread. I'm sorry I missed it. I don't have a sewing machine so I'm going to have to try and find the time to try and make one. Or two. Thank you.

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
I love this bed. I have made 2 now but only one of them looks somewhat like it is supposed too. lol I guess I need to practice and make more. Seriously, this is a wonderful bed. Thank you for sharing with us.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Post pictures! (at least of the one that turned out!) I'd love to see them!

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
I almost am done making one! I actually have enough cutouts for two, but I was using one as a template. If I like it enough, i'll just keep the other set as a template so I don't have to measure whenever I want to make one! I can't wait till mine is finished since it's the first thing I'm making for my GP besides a fleece bedding.

Once I get one finished I'll have to take a picture! I was thinking about not turning the rectangles inside out so that there is a seem to sew with. I was thinking it would be a little easier, what do you think GPigsRSweet?

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
Post pictures! (at least of the one that turned out!) I'd love to see them!

I will if I ever figure out how to post pictures on here. My family calls me technology challenged. Sadly they are correct.

Your pattern is really fun and simple to make. Thank you. Now I want to make a bunk or tent of some kind to put it in.

lalallama

Cavy Slave
I tried making it with a cotton fabric, stuffed with the spiderwebby stuff you buy for halloween, and it turned out a bit deformed. But my pigs love it, and spend lots of their time lying on it, so thanks for the instructions!

GuineaPigJoy

Cavy Slave
Aww jeez i REALLY wish I could sew!
I agree Emmy! I cannot sow for my life. Although, I can sow my daughters shirts when they have a hole in it but I can't sew a bag for nothing!

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
So, I made one of these - it didn't really turn out that good (no where as good as yours), but the pigs don't seem to mind. I'll try and get a pic of it with one of them lying on it :)

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
I finally just got back to this project, I've been so busy! Anyhow, Lightning loves it! It came out different then yours and a bit lop sided but hey, it's was my first sewing project! Here are a few pigtures of it (and Lightning!)-

Thanks so much GPigsRSweet! I absolutely love this idea! you are so creative!

Last edited:

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
That's awesome!! I love the color, I'm a big fan of lime green. :) Lightning's a cutie!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Ok, I made this but it didn't turn out nearly as good as yours, Lightning. I didn't know you had to fold the rectangles the long way, not the short way. Sooo it turned out kinda bad, but oh well. I'm almost done, will post pics. :)

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Ok, I made this but it didn't turn out nearly as good as yours, Lightning. I didn't know you had to fold the rectangles the long way, not the short way. Sooo it turned out kinda bad, but oh well. I'm almost done, will post pics. :)

Please do! It'll be interesting to see how it's like! :)

lindsschou

Cavy Slave
I'm buying a sewing machine just to furnish my piggy mansion. Awesome pattern, looks like a nice padded lazy boy chair

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Here's a slightly modified one that I made, with Guido modeling it for you. :)

(broken link removed)

It's really bad, but oh well. It was fun to make.

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Uggh! For some reason it's not showing up on my computer! But don't worry, it's not you, it's my computer, it always does this. It'll always show a thread for example like, here's henri- and here's a pic of lanie or something like that and they never show up! And then I'll see responses under that, oh their so cute! So I know it's just my computer. But sometimes it really annoys me! I really wanted to see how yours turned out! But oh well. I bet Guido loves it no matter how it looks.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
LightningPig - Here's a link, does that help?

(broken link removed)

If that one doesn't work, try this one:
(broken link removed)

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Guido is a little cutester! His white coloring contrasts so prettily with the
red cozy! Ooooh that cuddler-in-the-cuddle-cup!
I'd like to get a floppy cozy like that, it looks so perfect for lap-time. The more chair-shaped ones are cute for cage furniture.

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
My mom has parental controls on the computer and doesn't allow me to go to flickr. I know, it's crazy. I can go to photo bucket though. It normally works if you put a picture in your gallery or in a album on this site. Thanks for your efforts! I feel so bad that I can't! I'm sorry!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I'm going to try to make a better one. How exactly do you get it to not be so floppy? And look more chair-like? I'm such a newbie with sewing. :(

It was hard for me to hand-sew because it was so thick from the scraps I used as stuffing. Would it be easier to hand sew together if I used actual stuffing, do you think?

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Yes, in order for it too be firm, you'd probably need to pack in a lot of real stuffing. I'm not sure how much easier it would be to so, but I would think it would be easier since it wouldn't be thick.

Guido is adorable!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.