Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cozie Conundrum

Guineapigslave

Cavy Slave
My cage is extremely plain and boring!:weepy:

I have tried to put in cozies for my piggies, but they seem to think that they are litter boxes, and they just pee and poop in them!:yuck:

I was wondering if there was a way I coudl stop this from happening or a cozy I could make or buy that would help.:confused:

GuineaPigOwner

Cavy Slave
Thats just what guinea pigs do.

Mine do that too, it's perfectly normal.

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
That's very normal for guinea pigs. I used to get angry that my cavies wanted to use their hammocks as shelters, and their snuggle bags as pillows. But I decided, if that's what they want to use it for, I'd rather they get some use out of it, rather than just throwing it out or giving it away.
My pigs now use their hammocks and snuggle bags for what they're intended for..

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
You cannot get them to stop pooping and peeing in a certain area, as others have said. Guinea pigs tend to go to the bathroom in places that they spend a lot of time, so I would take it as reassurance that they like the cozy cup. :D My girls also use their cuddle cup as a bathroom, but they all take turns sleeping in it, so it's ok with me.

ingrid

Cavy Slave
I dump the poo and vacuum it up twice a day when I clean the rest of the cage. Also, I have been folding up fleece and a washcloth to lay in the cuddle cup so I just change that throughout the week and wash the actual cuddle cup when I wash the rest of the fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.