Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Texas Rustlers 5th Annual Hoedown Sunday May 2nd

Texas Rustlers

Cavy Slave
Come join the Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue at their Fifth Annual Hoedown Sunday, May 2, 2010, from 11:00a.m.-3:00p.m., at the Grapevine Convention Center. This FREE event is designed to increase guinea pig awareness among both guinea pig owners and those who have never experienced the joy of guinea pig ownership. Guinea pig owners are invited to bring their piggies to take part in the day’s activities.

Hamsters and Gerbils available for adoption at the event as well as a sample of Guinea Pigs available for adoption - Adoptions for gerbils and hamsters will be done at the event with an approved application

We will also have small animal supplies available many at 20-50% off MSRP just a few examples and some Hoedown Specials
60L Carefresh natural bedding $15.00
Oxbow Cavy Cuisine 10lb bag $12.50
Oxbow Timothy Hay 9lb box $19.00

There will be a large range of Superpet supplies - see the Supplies list on our website for more products https://www.theguineapigrescue.com/

This year’s guest of honor is world-famous one hundred pound capybara Caplin Rous (Rodent of Unusual Size). Capybaras, native to Central and South America, are the world's largest rodents and relatives of the guinea pig. Caplin, a resident of Austin, is featured in a newly published book and can be viewed on his personal website: (broken link removed), and is also on Facebook and Twitter.

Also featured at the Hoedown is Dr. Anna Osofsky from Carrollton West Pet Hospital, who will speak at 11:30 concerning Guinea Pig Diseases and Conditions often detected only through a vet visit. After the presentation, she and Dr. Effie Giannopoulos from City Vet Dallas, will perform FREE wellness exams from 12:45a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Vet technicians will also offer piggy nail trimming, small donation requested.

The Hoedown will feature FREE contests including:
• Best Dressed Piggy Costume Contest @12:30 p.m.
• Piggy-Owner Look-Alike Contest @ 1:00 p.m.
• Fastest Carrot Eating Contests @ 12:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m.

Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue is a 501(c)(3) corporation that rescues abandoned, neglected, and/or abused guinea pigs in the Dallas - Fort Worth area and beyond. For more information about the Hoedown and Texas Rustlers, log onto: Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
The Hoedown will feature FREE contests including:
• Best Dressed Piggy Costume Contest @12:30 p.m.
• Piggy-Owner Look-Alike Contest @ 1:00 p.m.
• Fastest Carrot Eating Contests @ 12:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m.

ADORABLE contests! I especially love the "fastest carrot eating" one. Too bad I don't live in Texas!:grumpy:

Enkor

Cavy Slave
Gah, I wish this was in San Antonio, I'd definitely go. Sounds like fun, though. Hope all goes well.

medusa_stew

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I might go! grapevine is like 2hrs from me!

Texas Rustlers

Cavy Slave
It's a lot of fun for those attending - the event was huge last year with over 500 people attending, should be even better with our special guest

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.