Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Carpet?

Enkor

Cavy Slave
Hey, I just got my first pig, Beck (He's a loser baby, so why don't you kill him?), this Thursday and since i got him a relatively small cage, I'm sure I need to let him out for floor time, but the problem is my apartment is completely, completely carpeted. I was wondering if this would present a problem?

I searched for something on this but found nothing.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You'd be better off to build him a large cage. Petstore cages are way too small no matter the amount of floortime you can give him.

Carpet is ok but he will most likely pee or poo on it so you'd need to make an area where you could cover part of the floor and block it off and then put down something such as newspapers with fleece on top or a towel with fleece on top.

(He's a loser baby, so why don't you kill him?)
What is all this about?

Enkor

Cavy Slave
Ha, yeah. Sorry, forgot not everyone listens to the weird music I do, I apologize. All my recent pet's names have been music related. My old dwarf hamster was Alfred (R.I.P.), after Alfred Darlington, A.K.A, Daedelus. My current robo dwarf hamster is Boris, after a Japanese rock band. And Beck is the name of an alternative rock artist. I'm not very creative. :p

And I'm aware of the cage and buddy problems, as soon as I get a job, or extra money, I plan on fixing them.

My biggest concern was him eating the carpet, I let him out a few days ago and he was picking at the carpet, but it may have been cause I dropped some hay earlier and I guess I missed a small piece when I was picking it up. But, I'm still worried about that thought, I couldn't care less about the pee and poo, that's easily cleaned.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.