Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/18 Posts

More active when the lights are off

Has anyone here notice that their pigs becomes more active during the lights off hours then on? I was trying to go to sleep but my pigs had other ideas and decided to make some noise by running around in their cage and to make rumbling sounds.

Ugh! I do love my pigs so I let them do what they wanted to do in spite of me desperately wanting to go to sleep but couldn't.

Please confirm your email, check your spam folder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/15 Posts

Re: More active when the lights are off

When my piggies were in my room one night they were actually very quite. Occasionally i'd awake to the sound of their waterbottle or rumblestrutting, but other then that they rested or slept or even ate in quite which I was grateful for that night.
    I guess all piggies are different. Mine are more active right in the morning when the sun is beginging to rise. I guess its because they no its veggie time. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Blog Entries

I slept in the same room as my pig and he ate hay all night long! He would also do laps.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Ha, try having a hamster. Especially with their wheels. I just got my guinea pig and he's much more quiet than my two hamsters ever were at night, even with his noises and laps. But it's because all these animals are nocturnal isn't it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    221 Rec'd/105 Posts

It all depends on how busy Gizzy was during the day. If I am home or her babysitter is with her then she is very busy during the day cause we keep her entertained and then she sleeps straight through from about midnight to 4am (those are my sleeping hours and I guess I wake her when I get up) Once or twice I have heard her up in the night on days when we where not keeping her busy but she does play more actively with me later in the evening when its darker, I guess she feels a bit safer to run around like a nut ball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    211 Rec'd/125 Posts
    Blog Entries

Our girls get really, really active around 9PM until 12AM or so (they are in my bedroom). I think that that is their peak activity time. They don't run laps anymore but they definitely get on each others nerves... Haha. They chase each other around (playfully) when one of them is trying to relax or something and they get annoyed. This is also the times when I notice that they are in heat... Which they all go in heat at the same time, so that makes for a very noisy night! Someone described it as Guinea Mardi Gras and that is so true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    30 Rec'd/23 Posts

My husband has noticed this with our two. He has turned all the lights off and just used the light from his cell phone to watch them. He said that Pickles and Gizmo were running around and VERY active with the lights off.

User Tag List