Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression One pig started to bully the other pigs

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I just adopted 2 pigs and i wanted to bond them with the 3 that i already had and they all got along exept for Muki. She decided to bully the new pigs and the pigs she was already bonded with and she fought once with one of the new pigs. How can i bond her with the new pigs?

frillint

Cavy Slave
All I can say is that it will just take time. Mine are still bonding after a few weeks and things are just now starting to get better little by little.

Lil Fella's Mom

Cavy Slave
If there is no blood shed, they are doing just that, bonding without your help. The best thing you can do for them is leave them together and don't interfere unless there is blood.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
muki bit carmels ear (Carmel is one of the new pigs) and it started to bleed a little and Angel started chasing Pecan (the other new pig) and scared her.

Lil Fella's Mom

Cavy Slave
well, little nips are normal, even if there is a bit of blood. Angry pigs are different. You will hear screaming and see pigs rolling and fur flying. That is a real fight. If you experience that, throw a towel over them and separate them quickly. Make sure you don't touch with your bare hands because cavy bites can be really bad.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
what do i do at night or when im at school when i cant watch them.

GuineaPiggy

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
what do i do at night or when im at school when i cant watch them.

If you have a CC cage you could fighting seperate the pigs by dividing the cage with grids.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
If you have a CC cage you could fighting seperate the pigs by dividing the cage with grids.
You shouldn't separate them while you're gone and then re-introduce them . That's very stressful on the pigs.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
They are all getting along fine now it just took a little time. I guess I was just worried they were going to get hurt.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.