Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Henry and Lady

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Genipher, the only conclusion that I can draw on your posts is that you should not own pets.

There is technology outside that country of "y'alls" that can easily treat family pets. At the very least animals deserve the right to die with dignity and not to be blown to pieces.

I'm sorry your guinea pigs don't mean much to "y'all" to help them like "y'all" would a dog.

Heady

Cavy Slave
This entire situation makes me want to puke, therefore I am just going to come right out and say it so I can sleep:

The only solace I've found out of this entire thing is that you haven't once said that YOU are planning on breeding again.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I would like people to pay close attention to the attitude towards animals, the carelessness, single mindedness, selfishness and irrational justifications this person is using.

THIS is the basic mindset of most breeders, especially those that supply petshops.

It's this sort of callous behaviour people support and encourage every time they decide to buy instead of adopt. They only care about the animals as far as it suits them and usually animals are put in peril, abused and neglected in pursuit of their human's desires. We have to be mildly grateful for this peek into how their minds work. Their actual attitudes are often so closely guarded behind their "face intentions".

I also can't help but notice that I am not seeing any of the breeders I know of on this board joining in to try to reason against this careless behavior. Their lack of involvement is very telling to me. If they aren't part of the solution, they are part of the problem. The self proclaimed "responsible breeders" (even if they really are fairly responsible) nullify themselves when they allow people like Genipher to go unchallenged. The "responsible" breeders turn a blind eye to the poor behavior in their own community all of the time and they should be ashamed of themselves. This is why, no matter how well they care for their animals or how carefully they breed, they have lost any and all respect I might have had for them.

Last edited:

utsarah

Cavy Slave
I believe that it is animal cruelty to NOT treat a sick animal. I'm not talking about an animal that is terminally ill, has cancer, etc. That is a difficult decision and it is my belief that sometimes it is best to humanely euthanize your pet so they will not suffer any longer.

Please consider contacting a local GP rescue in your area and getting a vet recommendation from them. If you took these animals into your home you assumed responsibility for them, for better or worst so to speak. If something should happen, they become ill, etc you really should treat them for that illness. If you are not willing to do so I would recommend contacting a GP rescue in your area and surrendering your GPs. As a former board member of a local dog rescue I've seen the end result of neglect too many times.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.