Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage Designs/Plans

PiggiePaws

Cavy Slave
I just pressed on the square/rectangle button and made a 14" by14" square. You'll see the measurements in the bottom right corner as you create your square. Then I copied and pasted squares all around. For the bottom of the cage, I just drew out a rectangle, pushed it up to make a box, and deleted the top. Then I have a bottom and sides (the coro.)

Hope this wasn't too confusing!
Ok, thanks! I'm going to try again, hopefully I'll come back with a design!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Gpisrsweet, yours is so exact! Like, ...woah!

Haha, thanks!! I thought yours were good too! I like the "real life" cage you made out of one of your designs!!

I love this thread! Sorry I can't stop flooding it.

That great!! Keep flooding - I like seeing your designs!

Here's a couple more of mine that I posted on other threads to help some other members:

2x4 Stand:

Two stacked "L shaped" cages:

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Kitara_CavyMom

Cavy Slave
That's so cool, Kitara_CavyMom!! Is this what you were thinking? (but with a ramp connecting the two?) Feel free to tell me I did it wrong (if I did), it was just a try! ;)

Yes, pretty much exactly! The ramp to connect the two would be from behind the 1x2 bottom kitchen, and then the extra three cubes would be support and storage if you could access them!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
*These designs were made especially for Kitara, but anyone can use them.*
They fix exactly in a 3ft. tall, 3ft. wide, and 6ft. long area.

To Kitara: Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll probably be adding more designs when I get creative. These cages fix exactly the dimensions you gave me. I designed them as wood and tile cages. The one on the left has storage on half of the bottom. The one on the right has storage underneath. (You may need to figure out a door to get to the upper level for this one if you use it) Also, the ramps aren't the best, but they are just there to show you where they might go. Hope this gives you some ideas!

Note: These cages are a bit longer and wider than a 2x4.

Kitara_CavyMom

Cavy Slave
These are great! Thank you! They would be so fun to use! I think my favorite is the first one, it seems like it would be fairly easy to build and clean, and I love the storage! 10 stars! hehe.

You have a very creative mind, and you seem to have so much fun making these!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Grrrrr... I know we talked about this google sketchup thing a month or two ago. Yeah I had NO luck in getting it to work. It frustrated me to no end and I just drew up my current cage. Now I want to change my cage again... Could some one PLEASE sketch up my new cage???

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
BTW I cannot see 90% of the attachments because parts of my account were taken away because I broke a rule. I cannot message anyone, chat in the chat room or see anyones profile or pictures in your profile either. I am trying to be a good member and hopefully my account will be restored one day. I just thought I would let you know incase you try to message me. I can see Gpigs first pic, not the next one but can see lissie's first pics and a few others.

PiggyKat

Cavy Slave
I agree thank you for these ideas! I do want to make a stacked cage but am still debating it. This does help me wrap my mind around what my brain is thinking but my hands are unable to put together and describe to the people who are going to help me put it together!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I glad you liked the designs Kitara!! I also like the first one better.

Onetwo, I can help give you some ideas if you'd like. Just let me know how you'd like your design and I'll see what I can do to help.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Thank you GpigsRSweet

Here is a pic of my current cage:

P1050533.jpg

It is a 2x6 if you cannot see that from the pic. I want to remove the bottom storage because it is driving me crazy. There isnt enough room for everything and its really hard to vacuum out the hay, poops and cat litter that falls between the floor and the grids. I also want to expand it to a 2x7 and then have 2 grids going from the middle of the bottom cage to the top cage for added support in place of the wooden post thing. Then on the top cage have grids going all the way across the back half to store light little items. I am hoping there will be enough room to add 2 wooden shelves above that to store their blankets and food and such. I am also planning on sliding in a piece or two of plexi or acrylic glass along the fronts instead of having doors. I think 5 inches would be enough to keep them in. They have a 2 inch coroplast edge and when the doors are off for feeding or cleaning they lean on it but don't try to jump out or anything. I am also hoping to get new coroplast because mine is in so many pieces from redoing the cage. LOL 7 times in 15 months (or so). I think there were 4 changes in the first month alone! lol So if there is anyone who would be willing to sketch me up a virtual plan so I can visualize it before I do it please let me know...

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I can try.

A couple questions, though:

~Is this design for two separate cages?

~Would you want the top level to be a 3x7, with a 1x7 storage area behind the 2x7 cage - is that what you are meaning? Or a 2x7 with a 1x7 shelf above that for storage? Or something entirely different?

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
Lissie, I love that design...I may use some of it as a reference for the next change.

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
I love this thread! Sorry I can't stop flooding it. lol

Here's my latest design. 4x5 plus storage on the bottom, 2x5 2nd level, 2x2 hayloft + 1x5 loft on 3rd level. The top 1x7 is for storage. Empty area under hayloft is storage space for KM hay box, 45lbs. fits perfectly under that space.

This was the post and cage I was refering to. I really like it and I am thinking about a 2X8/2X5 L shape. I liked the second floor I used to have but found it difficult to clean underneath with my health issues. I wonder if a 1X8 "run" would work? Hmmm

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Wow! :eye-poppi I LOVE that cage, Leyley! It's great!!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Interesting Leyley. GpigsRSweet. The 2 levels of the cage have to be separate because 2 of the boys will fight to the death. There already have been blood baths and I am not taking the chance again. Also I want both levels, the whole cage to be 2x7 and there be a "top" kind of at the back of the top cage that is 1x7 so it would be like a shelf. I hope that helps... Thanks

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Is this kind of what you were thinking? The other shelfs would then be above this. It could be modified, this is just something to give you ideas.

Hopefully you can see the attachment.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Nope I cannot see attachment. But to be fair I don't think anyone else can either. It says invalid attachment, not you do not have access to this....

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Go to this URL. Hopefully it'll come up. I also attached it again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.