Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cloudy Passed On

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
This morning Cloudy was a happy, normal, seemingly healthy guinea pig. Tonight she passed on in my arms. She was about 5 years old, too young to go. I do not understand what caused her to just shut down and I am now second guessing myself, wondering if there was something I should have noticed. We shall miss you greatly, Cloudy.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
*Hugs. R.I.P Cloudy. Do not second guess yourself during this difficult time.

Cavymaniac

Cavy Slave
Aww, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I can't bear to think of the day that one day I will wake up and one of my pigs may be gone. R.I.P. Cloudy :weepy:

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry.

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
Hubby took her body in to the vet for a necropsy. They said they are going to do an xray first to see if she died of an enlarged heart before cutting her open. I appreciate that, as I would rather get her back in one piece if possible. I suspect she did, even though she showed no signs -- no "hooting," no wheezing, no weight loss, no recent illness or signs she had one, a touch of lessened activity, but nothing I would call "lethargy." We just got back from vacation last Sunday. The pigs spent four days at my parents', which is stressful for them. I wonder if that just complicated things. *sighs* I guess I shall find out.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Cloudy.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Rest In Peace, Cloudy :(

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I, too, am sorry for your loss.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Poor little Cloudy. I feel for you. I also don't know what I will do when the day comes--but we cannot avoid the eventual pain if we want to love the little darlings. I am so glad that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this mystery as to why she died so suddenly.

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
The vet xrayed Cloudy's body and found she had an enlarged heart. She asked if I wanted a necropsy done, but I said no. I figure the heart problem killed her. I asked about the fact that Cloudy had no symptoms of a heart problem, except maybe the fact that she was slightly less active the last couple of months (stopped running up the ramp, walking around during floor time then resting then walking some more then resting ... ) and was told that could have been the beginning of lethargy. But the vet said I should not beat myself up over not connecting that with a heart problem since Cloudy was a middle-aged pig and they just are not as active as a younger animal. *sighs* I still feel like maybe I should have gotten her checked out.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Lady_Magoo

Cavy Slave
5 years is a long time. My friend's piggie passed away a few days ago...Chuckles was a little over 3. She went out of state for about two days and left him in he sister-in-laws care, and she knows how to care for piggies...She came back and she said he was just "blah" and a few hours later he was gone...

I'm so sorry. Even in 5 years I am sure it was still too short.

snistopher

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry too :( I dread the day when one of my gp's pass on. Is an enlarged heart a common ailment among cavy's? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Stacy123

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please don't second guess yourself. I think we all do it (myself included), but it sounds like she was acting like her normal self. They hide illness so well and without any symptoms there is no way you could have known. It's clear how much you loved her, and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.