Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here! Hi Everyone!

• Thread starter AnimalsLover201
  • Start date

AnimalsLover201

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here. My names Diana and I have a wonderful husband and two children. Caleb is almost 3 and Kylie is almost 1.

We have a 11 month old Pomeranian (fixed) male. His name is Bear and he's so much fun. We also just recently rescued two female guinea pigs from very deplorable conditions. They had them each in two tiny small cages. We couldn't afford the huge expensive cages. So I took a LARGE LARGE dog cage that was given to us and converted it. :) I will post pictures soon. I'm currently working on a way to make it a two or three story.

Well that's us in a nutshell. I can't wait to become a more active member on this site. I have looked at some of your cages and I'm in love!!!

AnimalsLover201

Cavy Slave
Here are some pictures! :)

utsarah

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!

How do your children do with the pigs? I have a two year old and she loves them. We make sure we are supervising her at all times when she is with them. Mainly I hold them on my lap and she feeds them fresh greens or pets them.

I've wondered if a dog crate would work for a cavy cage. That sounds like a good idea.

PiggyKat

Cavy Slave
It's great isn't it? Welcome and hopefully you get as many great ideas as I have!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Have fun building your cage!

GuineaMom

Cavy Slave
I'm new here, too. This site seems really fun and I have enjoyed looking through the forums.

That is a great cage idea! Before I converted my spare bedroom into a Guinea Pig cage, I had a dog cage, too. They are very useful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.