Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Need help! Lesbians?

soupz

Cavy Slave
Um, not to do with this thread really, but Onetwo, and anyone else, I've uploaded a few pics onto my profile if you want to meet the girls :) [I'm sure they're girls now!] And just for your reference, it was the white one Snowflake who caused the start of this thread and my mini-panic attack :) Such chub chubs they are.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Animals, are just like people. They are not made to be "gay" or lesbians. So i doubt it. Id re check the sex of both.
As has been noted and indicated by the rank of your post, this comment, and the underlying attitude, is offensive, and as I have said previously - with reference to race, gender, sexual preference, or anything else that makes us human, you are expected to address these things with respect and tact. If what you have to say falls outside those boundaries, don't say anything at all.

.Munchkin.

Cavy Slave
I agree with everything ferndalezoo and Paula said.
You should read over your post and think twice before stating your opinion on topics such as sexual preference, which have the potential to be deemed as offensive by others.
(broken link removed)

soupz

Cavy Slave
Sorry Munchkin, was that aimed at me? o_O
I was honestly curious/worried so sorry if I have offended anyone without meaning to.

PhilthyPhilsMom

Cavy Slave
This is one of the most offensive, and uneducated responses I've ever seen. Your own heterocentric rhetoric aside, (I won't address the origins of human homosexuality, as it's off-topic here) animals are NOT "just like people".

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing.

If the OP has research or "proof" that humans are not, or cannot be, "Made that way", I'd be interested in seeing it. Considerig the scientific community can't agree on whether homosexuality is nature or nurture, I doubt anyone else has difinitive proof either.

As far as non-human animals are concerned, homosexual behavior is not uncommon. There are documented cases of everything from the typical dominance same-sex mounting (which wouldn't really be considered sexual behavior) to bonded same sex pairs of some species to recreational sex between same-sex pairs.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
No, Soupz, the comments toward the end of this thread were directed to 2scompany who made an offensive comment ("Animals are like people, they're not "made" gay"). Your question was one we get often here, and not in and of itself offensive. Of course, I wonder why it would be an "emergency" that caused such "panic" if it turned out that, infact, your pigs did happen to be "gay"? For the record, the other answers you were given were good, correct info, so I hope your mind was set at ease.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Of course, I wonder why it would be an "emergency" that caused such "panic" if it turned out that, infact, your pigs did happen to be "gay"?
I wondered about this myself, but after reading and re-reading it a couple times, I came to the conclusion that the "emergency" was that she might in fact have a male and female that were mating and NOT (at least I really hope not) that they might be homosexual.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
If the OP has research or "proof" that humans are not, or cannot be, "Made that way", I'd be interested in seeing it.

To be clear, the OP just asked a question. It was 2scompany who made the above statements.

soupz

Cavy Slave
Ferndalezoo, my panic was because my piggies are very young, and I had heard that young pigs are hard to sex and that pet shops often sex them wrong. I had got my pigs from a pet shop because there's not really any breeders or rescues around here. My panic was over thinking maybe one of them was a boy and maybe he was trying to mate with the other girl; the title is a bit misleading sorry. Only after a few comments I checked them to make certain they were girls, and that's where my questions came in about their behaviour.

Oh, as Paula said, haha only read that just now >.<

PhilthyPhilsMom

Cavy Slave
To be clear, the OP just asked a question. It was 2scompany who made the above statements.

You're right and I should have worded my reply more clearly. By "OP" I had meant the person who had originally made the comments about being "made that way" and not the person who originally asked the question that started the thread. After I went back and reread what I wrote I realized it was kind of confusing who I was directing my reply to. Sorry for the confusion.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
Gotcha, Soupz... That makes a lot more sense. My confusion was caused by what you chose to title this thread. Something like "HELP! I think I might have one boy and one girl!" would have led to less confusion, and frankly less controversy than "Need Help! Lesbians?".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.