Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Going in hay?

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Hawise

Cavy Slave
Don't worry, he's not un-potty trained :) I have noticed that mine ALWAYS do their business in their hay, so now, I put the hay in their litter trays and I change it everyday. They must find it comfy :D

leyley904

Hawise

Cavy Slave
It is quite tricky. Rabbits are creatures of habit, and once they start seeing something as a litter box, it is not easy to change this. Wait for Catayn, she may have some tips you could use.
Do you have a picture of their hay rack?

leyley904

Kareen

Cavy Slave
Bunnies typically like to munch and poop at the same time. I use very big litter boxes (rubbermaid bin), fill the bottom with pine pellets and add a huge handful of hay at one end once a day. My guys love to munch, dig, rearrange and yes, poop on the hay (mostly in one corner though). Because the litter box is so big I end up changing it once or twice a week and just keep adding lots of fresh hay daily. The bottom stays lined with the pine pellets and the hay adds a new layer everyday. I also had tried everything to keep them potty trained and keep the hay "contained". I've had my bunnies for a few years now and this is by far what I found works best.

Hawise

Cavy Slave
Hey leyley! Yes, I was talking about the hay rack, sorry, my post was a bit confusing. It's strange, it should be easy for them to eat out of that. But like karen, I have noticed that my bunnies like to poop and eat at the same time. :rolleyes:

Great idea Karen by the way, I will try that with mine! :)

I don't see what else you could do leyley, you have already tried the best alternatives! Ah bunnies, they know how to make us go crazy! :crazy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.