Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Is This A Good Cage Idea?

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
Well I've been thinking this over and I've asked my parents for a bunkbed. They said no but I'm determined to convince them to let me have one. The reason I want a bunkbed is because I can make a big C&C cage and fit it under there instead of having it take up SO much space in my bedroom. So once I get the bunkbed (If I even get it) I'm planning to make a 2x5 cage. I already have the 2x2 coroplast. I just need 2x3. The cage will be very roomy and have plenty of space for popcorning and running laps. The 2x2 area will be a big kitchen (The reason It's not a 1x2 is because I think It's too small and pigs (especially if they're big) cannot move around very easily. Anyways, the rest of the cage (The 2x3 part) will be transformed into a living/bedroom area with beds (and maybe an igloo). Currently I have one piggy and am hoping to convince my mother to let me get another (after the re-construction). I also wanted to know any ideas to convince my parents for another guinea pig.
Does anyone have any ideas for the cage?

Last edited by a moderator:

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
I applaud the inititive of one of our younger members in building what looks like a nice sized C&C cage and aiming to do their absolute best by their cavy.

Your plan sounds wonderful. Just please don't push too hard on your parents, it would be terrible if they decided the Piggy was too much trouble and decided they don't want to have to deal with him/her any more.

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
I applaud the inititive of one of our younger members in building what looks like a nice sized C&C cage and aiming to do their absolute best by their cavy.

Your plan sounds wonderful. Just please don't push too hard on your parents, it would be terrible if they decided the Piggy was too much trouble and decided they don't want to have to deal with him/her any more.
Thank you! I'm trying not to push too hard. My mom doesn't really care how much space the cage takes up in my room, but I sure do. My dad likes the idea of having me build cages. Even if I don't get to have another guinea pig I will still like the idea of having a cage for one cavy that is really mean't for three guinea pigs! lol

MyZoo2

Cavy Slave
What about instead of bunkbeds, a loft? A loft is much sturdier than a bunkbed stepup (and it's intended to have stuff under it!). I had one in college, and it cost us about $50. It had to be assembled of course, but it worked out great. I had my desk & a recliner under my loft, so I think it would be a perfect place for a piggie cage. Also if it's a wood loft, you can use the legs to hang extra storage for all the piggie stuff (maybe even some of your own!).

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
A loft? What do you mean? :confused:

casey's mommy

Cavy Slave
A loft? What do you mean? :confused:

Its like a bunch bed but instead of having a bottem bunk it is open space. its used alot in college dorms because they can have like a dresser or desk under it. it really is a great idea you have and with a loft you would be able to do it for the right price you can probably talk your mom into it. I have seen many on craigslist for cheap. :D Hope it all works out.

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
I didn't know what it was called, but that is what I'm talking about! A bunkbed with nothing under it! Yay, now I probably can convince my mom, thanks guys. :D

Green Beans

Cavy Slave
Get a book or show your mom some websites with information about guinea pigs needing a companion. If she doesn't have any knowledge of their "needs" she won't understand them. Seeing the information might help her understand that you are not just "trying to get another pet". Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.