Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Small bump!?

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
leyley904

HeatherBoo

Cavy Slave
It could be a calcium deposit. I used to get them all the time and I even had a dog that got them from time to time. I would keep an eye on it of course, but as long as it doesnt hurt him and isnt getting any bigger, than I wouldnt stress about it too much. :)

leyley904

Cogni

Cavy Slave
It could also be a cyst, if other mammals get those besides humans. Cysts are fluid-filled sacs and they move around, usually attached to tissue only at one point (the duct through which they got filled). In humans, under the skin they tend to be harmless. But I'd like to hear from rabbit and guinea pig experts: are they harmless in small animals? Do guinea pigs get cysts? Is it something to watch out for?

I know that the lumps that DON'T move --attached tightly to muscle or other tissue--are trouble.

Seonta

Cavy Slave
Yes other animals get cysts. As far as them being dangerous, the vet is best to tell you that. If they're tiny I've seen them ignored. However if they are on the face and impede the eating process I have seen them drained. Guinea pigs can get cysts. When/if you find one, talk to your vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.