Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Maximum size w/ one sheet coroplast

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so mathematically challenged. Sorry. What is the largest size cage I can make with a sheet of coroplast if I am going two grids across. Can I make a 5 grid in length? Surely not a six grid...... ? I'd want the standard 6" sides.

trump_cinnamon

Cavy Slave
You can make a 3x7 max, if you are using the standard 4x8 sheet of coroplast.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I am so mathematically challenged. Sorry. What is the largest size cage I can make with a sheet of coroplast if I am going two grids across. Can I make a 5 grid in length? Surely not a six grid...... ? I'd want the standard 6" sides.

I have a 2x5. The store cut it to size for me and gave me the extra, which was quite a bit! It's 4' x 8' so if you use a 6" side that gives you 3' x 7' to work with. Each grid is 14". So by my calculations (and I'm not a math genius so someone can correct me if I'm wrong) I figure you can make a 2½ x 6 grid cage with one sheet and 6" sides. You could stretch it out further if you choose to have a side that's less than 6", of course

lissie

Cavy Slave

I've made a 2x6 grids cage from a 4'x8' coroplast. It's a perfect size, since 8' is 96". 6 grids long is 84". 96"-84"=12" (6" for each side wall) becareful with the measurements though. The sheet I bought was slightly larger than 8' (like an inch or two). A measurement of the cage from inside the connectors might also come up a bit shorter than 84"

On the narrow side I left one side higher that the others because that side of the cage is against the wall and it helps block hay and poos from falling behind the cage.

YayPiggies

Cavy Slave
I think I can puzzle this one out! Finally, my math skills coming into use.

Each sheet of coroplast is 4' by 8', or 48" by 96". If each grid is 14", you can have 6 grids long (84") + 12" (Sides) so 96" exactly. You can have 2 grids (28" + 12" = 40") with 8" left over. So you could have about 2 and 1/2 width. The max you could make is 2.5 x 6.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.