Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Cube serch

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
Ok, I feel like giving up, everyone is nagging me to make this cc cage father than buy a pet store one , but I just cant find the cubes.

I only need enough to make a cage for two. Has anyone brought any recently?

Im in Cornwall

Aquena

Cavy Slave
Do you mean Cornwall, England? Or Cornwall somewhere in the US? If you are in the United States, try K Mart, they sell the proper cube/grids there.

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
Cornwall England

Aquena

Cavy Slave
Oh well, say Hello to Camilla then! Sorry I am no help!

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Ok, I feel like giving up, everyone is nagging me to make this cc cage father than buy a pet store one , but I just cant find the cubes.

I only need enough to make a cage for two. Has anyone brought any recently?

Im in Cornwall

You don't have to use cubes if they're hard to find. You could use wire shelving if that's easier for you to come by. There are a bunch of different alternatives in this gallery Alternative Cages - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

Aquena

Cavy Slave
You don't have to use cubes if they're hard to find. You could use wire shelving if that's easier for you to come by. There are a bunch of different alternatives in this gallery Alternative Cages - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

That is a great idea, Cornish, go to your local home building supply store, and look at closet shelving, think outside the box and be creative, but safe, and I bet you can make something really good! Good Luck!

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
The only place at the moment is on ebay.uk .
Post isnt that expensive if your in the UK. I ordered a 5'4'' run for indoors (75euro inc p&p)because i had an awful time looking for grids in Dublin. B&Q don't have them,nor does woddies or homestores.

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys. What do you type into ebay, I have looked before but not sure what they are listed under

jabberwock

Cavy Slave
You can get cubes from Screwfix. A 4 cube set should contain enough panels for a 4x2 cage (assuming you don't need a lid or a base). The cost is £24.46 including VAT plus £5 delivery charge. Here's a link to them.

4 Cube Display - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

The dimensions of the wire you suggest in your other thread aren't big enough for 2 pigs. But you can buy mesh panels from somewhere like Wickes or B&Q and set them in a wooden frame to make a cage as long as you line it with Correx so that the wood stays dry. It's not as flexible or easy to rearrange as using cubes but it does the job.

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
most helpfull thanks

Aquena

Cavy Slave
This person sells everything for cages on ebay: check out the link to her store!

(broken link removed)

Good Luck!

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
This person sells everything for cages on ebay: check out the link to her store!

(broken link removed)

Good Luck!

Thanks but its U.S.A only

SpacePig

Cavy Slave
I managed to get mine from B&Q, but most of the staff have no idea what your talking about. Amazon also have them but almost twice the price.

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah its the cost, I dont think the people in the U.S.A realise how hard it is to get the stuff at a good price, If I was to make a 3 x 3 cage with a lid its going to cost a bomb when I can get a store cage of the same size for £80

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
ebay.co.uk (broken link removed) 25GBP

(broken link removed) 13.99

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.