Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Types of Pigs?

Mattt

Cavy Slave
Is there a good site with all the names and pictures of all the types of guinea pigs? Like Shorthaired, longhaired, roan, etc. ???

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
This thread on Guinea Lynx has explanations and descriptions of breeds, coloring and varieties as well as some links to pictures.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
One of my boys, Duff, is mostly abyssinian but also has this longer fur/cowlick on his rear end that grows up and cascades down. It looks similar to what a rooster looks like. This cowlick is ONLY on his back/rear end. I've seen pictures of others on here just like this but Ive never heard mention of what breed this characteristic could be from.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Sounds like it's mixed with a long-haired breed like a Peruvian or silkie to me. I had a pig with a similar 'tail'.

Allyson

Cavy Slave
One of my boys, Duff, is mostly abyssinian but also has this longer fur/cowlick on his rear end that grows up and cascades down. It looks similar to what a rooster looks like. This cowlick is ONLY on his back/rear end. I've seen pictures of others on here just like this but Ive never heard mention of what breed this characteristic could be from.

My female Zoey is the same way. Her front half looks aby and then in the back its like aby with a peruvian looking cowlick :)

I attached a pic of her, it's alittle hard to see but I can't get a better one at the moment because I'm on a short vacation visiting family. (I miss my pigs!!)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Here's the picture I found here that looks similar to Duff's fur. See the plumage/fur on the back end? That's what I mean.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I guess I should give credit where credit it due:

The pig in this picture is Rusty. The owner is piggiecrazy.

Sorry piggiecrazy, I hope it's okay that I used the picture of your pig. I needed an example of what I meant by my description.

I'm new to this so Im not sure about how to load my own pics on, otherwise, I would have just taken a picture of Duff and posted it.

Also, I know the pic is big. I tried to adjust it but I can't figure how to. And now the edit button seems to have disappeared.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.