Thanks
    Thanks
    62 Rec'd/49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is a vet check-up in order?

Radar is developing a bald patch on his back, near his hip. I do see him scratch a bit, but no more than when we first got him. I gave him a dose of ivermectin just in case, but I don't think he has mites.

He also is starting to get small recurring crusties on one eye. Could he be developing a URI?

I found out a few weeks ago that I have ringworm and have been treating it and have been very careful to wash my hands well before feeding them and have avoided picking them up except to do a cage clean. Could these symptoms be from him having ringworm? From Guinealynx it looks like bald patches usually start out on the face and his bald patch looks nothing like the pictures on Guinealynx.

Any advice?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    144 Rec'd/83 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Is a vet check-up in order?

It just looks like barbering to me... but I'm no vet. A few of my pigs starting to barber themselves like that and a lot worse, I took them in (and since all were given 3 rounds of ivermectim a few months earlier) we determined it to be dry skin. But since you found out that you had ringworm, I would take him in just to be on the safe side.

User Tag List