Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Parasites Something weird came out of my piggy

Susan613

Cavy Slave
Something weird came out of my Guinea Pig. He is a male Guinea Pig and when I picked him up, there was this long white thing that looked like a worm, but it didn't come out of the poop end, it was in where he pees. I pulled it out and at first I thought it was a rubber band. Its about a inch long. After I got it out, it dried up pretty quick.

vicky2

Cavy Slave
Take a picture and post it on this thread.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Can you save it and bring it to the vet for them to try and identify?

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
It sounds like it might be semen. Don't quote me on that but they can ejaculate. I only have females so I don't have first hand experience with that.

Susan613

Cavy Slave
I do have it in a baggie, but couldn't get a good picture of it. I kind of think its what Peggysu was talking bout after looking up stuff on the web, which is pretty embarrassing if it is. I guess he is still spunky for a 4 year old pig.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Hey it's completely natural and don't be embarassed.

pigsmakemesmile

Cavy Slave
I have 5 males. I do weekly inspections because many times I find things stuck in their privy's...hair, shavings, grass...anyhow, it was Jer's turn to be checked and good thing I did...I foun this white ball of thick, hard as glue stuff stuck on his thingy. Fortunately it came off easily and good thing, as his thingy looked a little irritated. He and his cage mate poppy, seem to keep themselves occupied, I find Jerry frequently mounting popcorn and on occassion, I find stuff on popcorn that appears to be dried semen that i have actually had to cut off...it gets as hard as glue. I'm not trying to gross anyone out, curious to know if anyone else has had similar findings.

theresaj

Cavy Slave
The first time Frankie and Dino played together, Frankie would not leave poor Dino alone! He would keep mounting and humping him. When I picked them up to put them back, I found a spot of white glue-like stuff, I came to find out it was semen.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
It's a semen plug. To be frank.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.