Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is the glue part of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls safe for guinea pigs?

Crystal Lee

Cavy Slave
People have told me that it's safe to let my guineas play with toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. But is this only if I remove the little bit of glue on the rolls where the paper was stuck to? It's barely there...and I'm not sure if it would be harmful... but should I remove it first?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It woudn't hurt to remove the small bits of glue from them. Better to be safe.

Crystal Lee

Cavy Slave
It woudn't hurt to remove the small bits of glue from them. Better to be safe.
How can I remove it? I've tried scraping it off but it doesn't seem to work...

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If the spots are really small, then don't worry about it, if they are larger spots then take a knife and cut them off/out.

Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls must also be cut in half so a pig doesn't get their nose stuck in them so maybe cut them where the glue is and you can cut the glue off at the same time.

Crystal Lee

Cavy Slave
If the spots are really small, then don't worry about it, if they are larger spots then take a knife and cut them off/out.

Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls must also be cut in half so a pig doesn't get their nose stuck in them so maybe cut them where the glue is and you can cut the glue off at the same time.
K. Thanks for the tip:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.