Thread: Is the glue part of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls safe for guinea pigs?

Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Is the glue part of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls safe for guinea pigs?

People have told me that it's safe to let my guineas play with toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. But is this only if I remove the little bit of glue on the rolls where the paper was stuck to? It's barely there...and I'm not sure if it would be harmful... but should I remove it first?

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,432 Rec'd/1,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Is the glue part of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls safe for guinea pigs

It woudn't hurt to remove the small bits of glue from them. Better to be safe.

3. "Thank you, Ly&Pigs, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is the glue part of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls safe for guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ly&Pigs View Post
    It woudn't hurt to remove the small bits of glue from them. Better to be safe.
    How can I remove it? I've tried scraping it off but it doesn't seem to work...

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,432 Rec'd/1,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If the spots are really small, then don't worry about it, if they are larger spots then take a knife and cut them off/out.

Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls must also be cut in half so a pig doesn't get their nose stuck in them so maybe cut them where the glue is and you can cut the glue off at the same time.

6. "Thank you, Ly&Pigs, for this useful post," say these 3 members:

Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ly&Pigs View Post
    If the spots are really small, then don't worry about it, if they are larger spots then take a knife and cut them off/out.

Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls must also be cut in half so a pig doesn't get their nose stuck in them so maybe cut them where the glue is and you can cut the glue off at the same time.
    K. Thanks for the tip

User Tag List