Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Is my cavie sick? She's not moving much or her usual self.

Giery

Cavy Slave
Hi I've had my Cavie Sasha since January when she was still a baby. She is my first cavie and on her first month she got ringworm, but with the right care and medication she got well very fast.
Right now, I've been noticing that these past two days she hasn't been her usual self. She's normally chirping at sounds and popcorning when she hears doors and plastic bags(well any plastic sound). But lately all she's doing is staying in her cuddle doing nothing and looking sad, it worries me sick now. ):
She reacts poorly to the plasitc bags today and now whines and shrieks whenever I even attemp to pick her up at all.

Has anything changes? Maybe yes, her eyes seem a little bit crusty? Her diet is the same, except that normally when I go to the supermarket I buy her some fresh veggies, at least once every two or one week, I haven't gone to the supermarket this past week, so no fresh lettuce for Sasha. She's having TimothyHay and Guinea Pig Pellets for now. Maybe she needs fresh veggies more often?

theresaj

Cavy Slave
Yes, she sounds sick. Your poor little one! Hope she gets well soon! Keep us updated. :)

Giery

Cavy Slave
Yes she seemed sick to me too. This morning I went out to the supermarket and bought her some veggies, then to the Vet, but they seems to have been closed down or moved D: They don't even answer the phone, so yes, must've moved.
I just moved her some months ago, so I'll try to find another Vet soon.

She seems more healthier today, and happy about her veggies, but she's stubborn about staying in that corner. I put some of the ointment from last time on her eyes, and have been checking for any discharge but nothing, her her breathing is okay. I was worried it could be some kind of respiratory bacteria. She's still making a fit when I try to get her.
Thanks anyways.

we-luv-otis

Cavy Slave
She does sound a bit off it! If i were u i would just try to give her some letuice and she if she reacts to it. Bless her! :(

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Sounds as though she has a URI. She will need to be seen by a vet and put on Baytril/Bactrium and and probiotic. These are deadly if not treated, she needs to see a vet asap.

smithduke

Cavy Slave
Always trust your instincts!!! You know your guinea pig the best and if you feel something is wrong, don't hesitate! Please keep us up to date and let us know how Sasha is doing. If you don't feel your vet is knowledgeable in this area, give us your location and maybe someone can recommend a good vet near to you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.