Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Back after a bad start

walleandeva

Cavy Slave
You are still not getting the point. We are trying to say that not all Pit Bulls are bred to fight. The vast majority are not but its people like yourself that are getting these dogs put to sleep with your closed mindedness. You know nothing about the Breed you just pass judgement on what you have heard in the news.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
You are still not getting the point. We are trying to say that not all Pit Bulls are bred to fight. The vast majority are not but its people like yourself that are getting these dogs put to sleep with your closed mindedness. You know nothing about the Breed you just pass judgement on what you have heard in the news.
So well stated, THANK YOU! That is exactly with Nymphae is doing and yet s/he still won't acknowledge that that is a form of prejudice. Which, Nymphae, is defined as "an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge."

Nymphae, do you really think that ALL THESE PEOPLE in both threads now have just misread or misunderstood what you are saying? Or could it be possible that it might be YOU who's wrong?

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
So well stated, THANK YOU! That is exactly with Nymphae is doing and yet s/he still won't acknowledge that that is a form of prejudice. Which, Nymphae, is defined as "an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge."

Nymphae, do you really think that ALL THESE PEOPLE in both threads now have just misread or misunderstood what you are saying? Or could it be possible that it might be YOU who's wrong?

YES THEY HAVE! :D
I'm not saying they're all bred for that purpose. It's just that CRIMINALS NOWADAYS are breeding them for that purpose. And even if I am prejudiced, which I'm not, is that sufficient reason to go and like.. shred that person to little pieces verbally? Cause that's what you all are doing now. You're not trying to teach me something, you're just all saying I'm a bad person and hope to get me to snap just so you have reasons to go yell at me some more! I know people like you, you love to argue and won't stop until you've reached what you want. A tiny speck of satisfaction that you won something completely meaningless. I've personally had it with you people and your attitudes. I'm psychologically not well and have told this to a number of people, I thought I gave enough hints by giving away the 'fear' issues I have with German Shepards and Pitbulls. But apparantly, it's okay to target someone and make a full blown argument out of this. I only ever said that these dogs have a history of fighting and aggression being inbred into the race and because of a few personal experiences with said aggression I don't trust them anymore. These are facts, how else can you explain just the plain number of Pitbulls and German Shepards used as guard dogs and in German Shepards case also Police Dogs?
Bottom line, I don't trust these dogs, and I never will. What are you going to do about it, sue me? Or am I to be banned just because there are certain dog species I'm afraid of?

katiewilson

Cavy Slave
So, um, welcome back? Glad everything seems to be working out better for you this time around...

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Who was it that started this argument? Who was it that blew something completely out of proportion without letting the person who made the comment explain or defend herself? Who was it that created another thread to continue it? Oh, that's right, it was you. And now you're saying it's everyone else that's to blame? C'mon now.

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
Who was it that started this argument? Who was it that blew something completely out of proportion without letting the person who made the comment explain or defend herself? Who was it that created another thread to continue it? Oh, that's right, it was you. And now you're saying it's everyone else that's to blame? C'mon now.

That's not fair, how was I supposed to know people would react this extremely?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Funny you would say this:
That's not fair, how was I supposed to know people would react this extremely?
After already coming to this conclusion about everyone here:
I know people like you, you love to argue and won't stop until you've reached what you want. A tiny speck of satisfaction that you won something completely meaningless.

Furthermore, you obviously have no problem (or shame) in sending private messages, so why wouldn't you just extend AH36 that courtesy instead of starting a campaign against her on the forum?

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
Funny you would say this:
After already coming to this conclusion about everyone here:

Furthermore, you obviously have no problem (or shame) in sending private messages, so why wouldn't you just extend AH36 that courtesy instead of starting a campaign against her on the forum?

That's all her own work, I'm only copying what she said. Besides, I don't she deserves another chance, not from me at least. I've tried with her, and time and time again she reacts incredibly venomously when I say something that doesn't sound quite right to her. I've had it with her. About the Smear Capaign, it was never meant that way, I felt hurt and needed to talk about it with someone here. Especially since multiple people agreed with her and apparantly thought it was fine to call someone a racist. Also, part of me was hoping to find some people who wouldn't agree with her.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
That's the point, though. She didn't call you a racist. I will leave it to her to explain what she meant if she chooses to, but people are not disagreeing with her because she did not say you are a racist. I agree that her word choice was poor, I think many people here can say that the word "racist" was not correct and should not have been used. But I never took it to mean that she meant you, personally, as a 19-year-old girl in the Netherlands were a "racist," just that your beliefs on this specific breed of dog was based on a stereotype and therefore prejudiced.

Maybe you would feel better if she could get here and say exactly that, or at least explain herself, because I don't think it's fair that someone should be left feeling hurt by something someone says here, but I at least think you should be fair and give her a chance to make amends and/or explain herself.

The bottom line is, you have every right to like or dislike any breed of dog for any reason as long as the reason is based on personal experience and not on secondhand stories that may or may not be true.

So, yes, she's in the wrong for her choice of the word "racist." But you are also in the wrong by starting a new thread and carrying on this fight without giving her the benefit of explaining what she meant, or defending her position if that is what was intended by her comment.

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
That's the point, though. She didn't call you a racist. I will leave it to her to explain what she meant if she chooses to, but people are not disagreeing with her because she did not say you are a racist. I agree that her word choice was poor, I think many people here can say that the word "racist" was not correct and should not have been used. But I never took it to mean that she meant you, personally, as a 19-year-old girl in the Netherlands were a "racist," just that your beliefs on this specific breed of dog was based on a stereotype and therefore prejudiced.

Maybe you would feel better if she could get here and say exactly that, or at least explain herself, because I don't think it's fair that someone should be left feeling hurt by something someone says here, but I at least think you should be fair and give her a chance to make amends and/or explain herself.

The bottom line is, you have every right to like or dislike any breed of dog for any reason as long as the reason is based on personal experience and not on secondhand stories that may or may not be true.

So, yes, she's in the wrong for her choice of the word "racist." But you are also in the wrong by starting a new thread and carrying on this fight without giving her the benefit of explaining what she meant, or defending her position if that is what was intended by her comment.

To be honest, the only reason I posted that thread was because I thought a moderator also approved of her saying that. It turns out I confused the names colour with that of a 'Cavystar' I think it's called. So yeah, big blunder. Honestly, I didn't mean for it to get to this point and I didn't want to make anyone angry or hurt anyone with what I was saying. It was a spur of the moment, need to talk to someone kind of thing. I don't even need for her to explain this anymore though, it's not what I'm hurt about anymore.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
I would just like to clarify in saying that when you rule out a breed based on incorrect information, it's just like ruling out a race for a bad incorrect reputation.

I was NOT calling you racist and I posted this publically so everyone understands that. I also said, it's like racism I was using it as an example. However, I'll try to make myself more clear if I ever post anything like that again.

As for nymph: I have been harsh in the past but after reading our old argument I don't think I was.

I was also quite offended you decided to post this public. I haven't been on yet and had NO chance to defend myself. And the PM you sent was a bit late was it not?

only ever said that these dogs have a history of fighting and aggression being inbred into the race and because of a few personal experiences with said aggression I don't trust them anymore.
You also said:
Forgive me if I don't shed a tear about those animals getting euthanized
Which I think is just plain cruel. Because you've had a bad experience, you think they should all be punished?

Last edited:

Simonmaal

Cavy Slave
I was talking about the here and now with the fightingdog training part. Which is very sad, and I know the dog isn't to blame in that but it does give more aggressive dogs.

Now, back to the weather?

I really have no clue what you are trying to achieve here. I'm very very confused: you say you do not want to fight yet here I see an unfortunate unfolding of events that suggests the opposite.

Experienced troll hunter that I am, even I'm lost here!

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
And in the confusion, one of the workers there put regular rabbit food in a bin where the guinea pig food is supposed to go in. So my guinea pigs have been eating mostly rabbit food for the past 3 weeks..k*

I overlooked this statement before. This is why you really shouldn't buy the food petstores put in dispensers as you can not trust if they are really dispensing what they say they are dispensing. There is a petstore near where I live that has birdseed in a dispenser labeled "guinea pig food". Ugh. Oxbow is best, nutritionally and its packaged.

Simonmaal

Cavy Slave
I overlooked this statement before. This is why you really shouldn't buy the food petstores put in dispensers as you can not trust if they are really dispensing what they say they are dispensing. There is a petstore near where I live that has birdseed in a dispenser labeled "guinea pig food". Ugh. Oxbow is best, nutritionally and its packaged.

That and the nutritional value of guinea pig food reduces over time. There should be a "best before" date on the packaging for this reason. If the food is not packaged then there is no way to determine its age.

Nymphae

Cavy Slave
I really have no clue what you are trying to achieve here. I'm very very confused: you say you do not want to fight yet here I see an unfortunate unfolding of events that suggests the opposite.

Experienced troll hunter that I am, even I'm lost here!

I'm not here to cause trouble so quit insinuating I am. If you read back to the first post you'll see I'm here for my cavy's. This discussion is over. All I said is that I don't care for these dogs, and won't be touched by the fact they're being eutenised.

Nymphae

Cavy Slave

I've never heard of Oxbow. Also, I've surfed around the net to see if I could order it somewhere in the Netherlands, but that's not the case. I'll just have to stick with the food I'm giving I guess. Then again, they like the food and as it is now they can't choke on small pieces like the earlier one. With the amount of veggies and hay I'm giving their diet should be fine.

EDIT:

I'm giving them them Beaphar Care+ and Cavia Superieur, in case you were wondering.

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
Then again, they like the food and as it is now they can't choke on small pieces like the earlier one.
Guinea pigs will pretty much eat any brand of pellet you put in their bowl. Just because they eat it does not mean that it is good for them.
My dog would eat Kibbles and Bits if I gave it to him. And it is mostly corn and animal by-products. And my guinea pigs ate Kaytee before learning of Oxbow.
We choose to feed the best foods because we want out guinea pigs to be as healthy as they can be, and a healthy guinea pig means a longer, happier life. In fact, that goes for any pet!
Feeding a pet low quality foods can lead to nutrient deficiencies as well as illness. Some low quality guinea pig foods have been linked to causing bladder stones and cancer (the preservative ingredient).

Last edited:

Simonmaal

Cavy Slave
I'm not here to cause trouble so quit insinuating I am. If you read back to the first post you'll see I'm here for my cavy's. This discussion is over. All I said is that I don't care for these dogs, and won't be touched by the fact they're being eutenised.

Right that's it, welcome to my ignore list.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave

Sadly you are not a mod so you don't get to decide when a discussion is over.

freakywheeky

Cavy Gazer
Okay. I have sat back and viewed the comments from the back seat since this whole thing began.
I am not posting to take sides. I am for the pitt bull breed and for their rehabilitation when needed. However, I do feel that every one has an opinion and though it may be ok to post your opinion, I do not feel that others should be bashed for theirs. Why can't we all just state what and how we feel and leave it at that? Why does there have to be a continuous argument? So what if Nymph has said things that have upset you regarding pitt bulls, her views on animalhouse's comments, etc. She has stated where she stands and there is absolutely no way that you can change her mind, and Nymph, the same thing goes for you, you cannot change everyone else's mind. I really don't see why everyone has become so defensive regarding a subject that is eminently beyond their control.
I, for one, am quite ashamed and somewhat disgusted at everyone's behavior regarding this matter. It is time to wise up, grow up, and learn to handle things in a more peaceful and less offensive manner.
I think that everyone should apologize to each other and lets all just keep being cyber friends.
The reason, after all, for all of us wanting to join this forum is to be able to express our love, respect, and care guidelines of the guinea pig species. I think that instead of bashing people for going to pet stores, breeders, etc., we should try to educate them of the proper care and ways of acquiring a guinea pig.( However, we can only do that if we work together, and we obviously cannot do that if we are having a tiff!!)After all, we were once ingnorant too, as much as most of us would like to deny it. The more people we can educate, the more people will be able to get the word out on the problems facing guinea pigs, and one day there will be no need to warn and educate others.
Until then, lets all try to stick together and post responses that may by opinionated, but helpful and not offensive. Never take these comments personally, you will just end up getting yourself upset over something of little importance.
Cavies Rule!!!:silly:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.