Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General father got rid of my guinea pig

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Assuming all aspects of this story to be true, if the pigs weren't found, they probably aren't going to be, and most certainly not alive. Knowing that there's a person (or persons) capable of this kind of cruelty to animals, particularly the little creatures we all dearly love, is devastating. And unfortunately the criminal aspect of it is something that probably can't be prosecuted at this point either, because it’s going to be difficult to prove the father and the sister were the ones who actually dumped them. In any case, a person who is able to do something like this to an animal that has no defenses whatsoever is capable of worse, I have no doubt, and if someone else found the pigs and took them in they are in far better hands. If they didn’t make it, they are in a better place and your father (dare I say your sister too?) should never be allowed the privilege of pet ownership. Ever. Again.

Yes, I know pigs are expensive, I know they’re demanding, I know they take a great deal of time. But no animal deserves to be dumped like so much garbage in a place entirely unknown to them for reasons they are incapable of understanding and due to no fault of their own.

It must be terrifying to live with a person capable of such inhumanity. You’re right not to ever get any more animals as long as you are living in his household and as much of a struggle as it is right now, you will grow to be a better person because of this (and God knows what other) cruelty.

Last edited:

theresaj

Cavy Slave
Any updates?! This is HORRIBLE. I feel this could have been prevented, did he show any verbal signs these pigs were too much or were not cared for?

To answer this, her own words are here.
(broken link removed)
All the pig care and needs SHE provided for herself.

Why would you let go a rabbit anyway? That's just as bad as letting a pig go on it's own.

Sorry, but this kinda sounded like you're blaming *her* if that's not the case sorry for misunderstanding, but her Father did this while she was gone. She had no part in it, and obviously cared for the pigs.

Guinea Goddess

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I did not read that she cared for them by herself.

No, I mean why would her sister give her rabbit away?

theresaj

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I did not read that she cared for them by herself.

No, I mean why would her sister give her rabbit away?

Oh okay. Sorry I never want to get into a misunderstanding with anyone here. :) And yeah that's a good question. It's just a sad situation all around. :(

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
I went to the park in the early morning (about 5 to 7 am) and looked all over. I tried to walk around as quietly as possible so not to scare them if they were around. But no luck. I talked to several people that were there at the park and told them to be on the lookout for them.
The ASPCA got back to me and told me that there was nothing that they could do. It is an issue for animal control to take care of. I have not heard back from animal control.
If the guinea pigs and rabbit are found alive, I would be more than happy to take them in and keep them safe until permanent arrangements can be made.

Squeeking Piggy

Cavy Slave
Hmmm.... I really don't know what to say. Your father is sick and cruel. I understand that we are in a recession, but that is just bad.

creatfire

Cavy Slave
lmarieaa, thanks for looking... this is the whole story. My sister had a small gray rabbit. after about a Six months of owning it one of the eyes was cloudy. when we took it to the vet he said he could not see the back of the eye and she saw another vet that dealt with eye's specifically. He said it was some kind of glaucoma (he said this could of been avoided if she took it to a vet when she first got it) and a small infection. she treated the infection but did not want to pay for the surgery for the glaucoma (I think it was $2000). So Wednesday she decided to get rid of it. My farther took it upon himself to gather my animals (Domino and Brownie) and take them along as well as the cage food and everything else. He dumped them along with my sister rabbit in the park and thew out the cage in a dumpster (according to my sister). I came home much later and did not see my cage. The only thing he told me was he got rid of them and later my sister said it was at the park. I had no idea they where planning any of this. My farther is an old bitter man who is retired and has nothing to do in his life anymore. This had nothing to do with money or care or a punishment it was just him being a monster for what ever reason he has. I took care of my animals, my mother probably would of stopped him but she was at work. I know my sister should not of had a rabbit and my friend is a vet tech and would of gladly took care of the animals but both my sister and my farther do not think ahead. Since i am not talking with my farther I don't know his motives and I could care less. I can not find my animals, I will probably never own any again so I am probably not gonna post on here anymore cause I have no reason too. thanks for your support. night

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I feel bad for you Creatfire. I hope when you become an adult and move into your own home you will choose to bring some more animals into your life. I'm sure you have a lot of love to give.

Poor piggies.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Oh, my goodness, what a heartbreaking thread! I am so sorry Creatfire for the loss of your animals. I am so sorry for the lack of compassion of your father and of your sister. This was a cruel and heartless thing to do to three innocent animals who have no way to take care of themselves in the wild. I would have a very hard time living with either of them. They deserve to be punished, for this is a crime.
Thank you Imarieaa for your help and all that you did. I so wish it could of all had a happy ending for the animals.
I am just heartsick over this. Absolutely heartsick.
Creatfire, please feel free to read and post here. There is a great family of people here that will give you the love and support you need to help your heart heal from this. When your circumstances are better maybe you will again be able to have animals where your father will have no control or anything to do with them.
If by any chance the animals are found alive and well. Please keep us posted.

chris_w

Cavy Slave
my cousin abandoned my first GP in a wood, it lasted the night ok, and was still in the same place when my aunty went out to get him the next day.

About a month later I got him, once he recovered from mites which is why she took him to the woods and he lived a normal happy life :)

MapleOwl18

Cavy Slave
Oh Creatfire thats so sad. It's like they say, you can choose your freinds but you can't choose your family. Its sad but some people just don't seem to see the consequences of their actions on other people, much less on pets.

They just don't get it sometimes, and everyone else ends up with the consequences. I could go on and on with examples, but that won't change anything. You can't change them its just the way they are.

Basically figure that you can't get pets again until you've got your own place. I'd say maybe if your Dad owned up apologized, and swore never to do it again, but that sounds like a very outside chance. You might want to volunteer at humane society, to get your "furry" fix. Thats so sad :( My Dad would get read the riot act up and down. (Course my Dad is a dedicated guinea pig/dog lover/caretaker, so we'd never be stuck in that situation anyway.)

That just sucks :weepy:

Adorable

Cavy Slave
I think you should encourage your father to seek help for his depression, or whatever mental illness he has going on. Even if you don’t give a crap about the animals, this is just not something you do to your children.

The chances are slim, but I hope some stroke of luck gets them found and into a better environment.

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Oh, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine someone doing something like this to me. I would probably lose my mind and attack them. This really, really sucks.

Volunteering at a humane society or shelter is a great idea, though. If you can't have your own animals, at least you can help animals that don't have homes and may have been abused or dumped in the same way your poor pigs and your sister's rabbit was. While it won't change what happened to you and them, it would be a good way to honor their memory. Cuddling animals is also very helpful for when one loses a pet- at least for me this is true.

It is very responsible of you to realize that you should wait to have more pets until you can move out of this situation. Hopefully in the future you can live on your own, or with people who aren't so callous and cruel, and have more pets in your life.

MissPriss16

Cavy Slave
Stories like this really upset and anger me :grumpy:
Did your father even give you a good enough reason why he did something so horrible?
If he didn't he had NO right to just dump those poor guys off alone especially somewhere so dangerous!

If I was in this situation, no matter what someone told me or tried to hold me back I'd be out there all night looking for them, I wouldn't care how cold it was! No one just throws away guinea pigs like their trash! :mad:

Even though, I'm terribly sorry that you have to go through something like this, but what you're father did was unacceptable and wrong! It breaks my heart to think even a close family member such as a father could do something like this to his own child, it's not right.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I agree compeletly with MissPriss16

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't think we need any more comments on this thread. I'm not closing it, but unless the original poster has something else to say, I would appreciate it you would not add your comments of sympathy and let it go.

snistopher

Cavy Slave
I don't think we need any more comments on this thread. I'm not closing it, but unless the original poster has something else to say, I would appreciate it you would not add your comments of sympathy and let it go.

If it's okay with you, I have something to add. I won't debate the tragedy of this, but perhaps something good can come from it. As was stated, this type of cruelty happens all the time, and it usually occurs because people aren't aware of the shelters in the area that would be more than willing to take in small animals. If I was in a similar situation, I would channel my grief and seek out these shelters. Then I would attempt to educate the public by making signs or posters with the names and numbers of these shelters and just posting them up in various public places. This, of course, won't bring back the guinea pigs, but it would be consoling that I might be saving another family (and their small animals) from this happening again...

Just a suggestion. And to the person this happened to, I'm terribly sorry :(

april07

Cavy Slave
By reading all the post and also the sad incident to Creatfire.
I can understand how Creatfire feeling is.
Really nice to know so many of you caring and giving moral and emotion support to Creatfire.
Creatfire, I hope you don't give up your care for animals as I believe you are a wonderful carer in future of your own one day.

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
could this be the rabbit? It says it was found in the park, and it is grey like she described.
(broken link removed)

pigsmakemesmile

Cavy Slave
I know, I know Theresa not to add any more comments, but after reading the entire thread, I just can't let it go.
Her father sounds like a depressed and disgruntled old fart who obviously needs help proved by the act he commited against his own child. Shame on him..I curse him to the ground he walks on.
Creatfire, if you're still reading the posts, God bless you. I'll pray for you and your situation. I will pray for your pigs daily.
You have a tremendous amount of love in your heart. Sadly, this will effect you emotionally throughout your life. However, take this experience and embrace it. You gave your love and compassion to your pigs. Don't ever forget it. Don't ever let it stop you from having animals in your life.
What your father did will come back to him in life known as Karma, your father "will" be punished for his act against nature... by nature. He undoubtedly will be struggling internally and tormented himself by his own actions.,,,for him...there's no pity here. He has a problem...he better deal with it. Do I sound harsh??....you bet your @$$ as I'm one P-----off mother. I wish I were there to hold you. Creatfire, I am sorry, sorry that your living in this harsh environment. We Are here for you. I am asking that you please talk to us for support. Imariaa..God Bless you for your efforts in helping Creatfire. God I just want to cry right now. This really really s---ks.:guilty:

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.