Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My New Piggy

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys.
I just got my Piggy!!!
I am so excited, but my parens said i could only have one piggy :sad:. I also need a name:crazy:! I am open to all suggestions and would love to know how i can convince my parents to get me another piggy!

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Haha. My mom said the same thing to me when I wanted my second pig (which I got after a week of begging) because she thought I was trying to "make the house into a zoo". I reasoned with her. I told her that if humans need friends to survive and to help carry them through life's hard journey, so do guinea-pigs. You have to really dig deep into your emotions when telling her this. Begin talking about how humans need friends, then move on to animals in general, and finally guinea-pigs. That's what I did. AND my mom ended up thinking it was a good idea in the end. My dad just didn't care. He wouldn't mind If I got 50 piggies, but my mom is the dominant rule-maker. o_O

Oh, and about a name... Is your piggy male or female? What does it look like? What's the personality it has? What does the piggy remind you of? How does the piggy make you feel?

Take those questions into consideration when naming your piggy. We also need to know the gender, look, etc. of your piggy before we can start naming. lol

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Ok thanks I'll try that! but i still need a name!

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
Can you post a picture of your pig or describe her?

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Sure. I will post a few.

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
I'll just describe him instead,
He looks alot like a cow, one of his ears are yellow and the other black, he has tiny little feet and has a huge nose! His eyes are blue, and he really doesn't run around alot, really lazy! It is a boy.
He makes me feel really happy and reminds me of a theif because he always hides under the log arch i bought him lol

Last edited:

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Haha. My mom said the same thing to me when I wanted my second pig (which I got after a week of begging) because she thought I was trying to "make the house into a zoo". I reasoned with her. I told her that if humans need friends to survive and to help carry them through life's hard journey, so do guinea-pigs. You have to really dig deep into your emotions when telling her this. Begin talking about how humans need friends, then move on to animals in general, and finally guinea-pigs. That's what I did. AND my mom ended up thinking it was a good idea in the end. My dad just didn't care. He wouldn't mind If I got 50 piggies, but my mom is the dominant rule-maker. o_O

Oh, and about a name... Is your piggy male or female? What does it look like? What's the personality it has? What does the piggy remind you of? How does the piggy make you feel?

Take those questions into consideration when naming your piggy. We also need to know the gender, look, etc. of your piggy before we can start naming. lol

My mom already thinks I've turned the house into a zoo!
I have 1 rabbit, 2 Lovebirds, a Dog(Shih-tzu) and now i have my wonderful Skinny Pig!

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
I'll just describe him instead,
He looks alot like a cow, one of his ears are yellow and the other black, he has tiny little feet and has a huge nose! His eyes are blue, and he really doesn't run around alot, really lazy! It is a boy.
He makes me feel really happy and reminds me of a theif because he always hides under the log arch i bought him lol

Ha ha, he looks like a cow? Okay, maybe you should name him "Moo". That's cute.

You could also try:

Blue
Beau (meaning handsome in French)
Casper
Humphrey
Helio
Seiko ( pronounced SAY-KOE)

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Haha. Anyways I tried the little thing about the "guinea pigs need friends" and she said "No, absoultly not! you have so many animals already! What are we going to do when we go away? What will we do about the dog, the birds the pig you already have, or the rabbit!?" so im probably not going to get another animal until I grow up. She's so mean! I'll just go ask my- wait i wouldnt ask my dad he already doesn't want me to have this pig. :(

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Right now I'm going to try something else. I will try to act really miserable,(which won't be hard) to make my mom feel bad and make her want to get me another pig. I do feel bad for her though. She's not a bad mom but sometimes can get mean. I really want another pig but she's being so nasty about it! "I will call you when you are older to see how all the pigs are." SHE"S SO MEAN TO ME!" All you have to do is grow up get your own house and make sure that their cage is big enough to fit all of them." Ugh! She's so mean.

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Aww, i'm sorry that didn't work out. Maybe you should print out information about guinea-pigs being social animals and highlight the details.

Did you like any of the names?

How about "bandit" if he reminds you of a thief?

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
You stated in another thread that you bought a $100.00 skinny pig at a pet store because he was cool. And from the sounds of things you have posted in this thread, you have no clue about how to care for a guinea pig, especially something as sensitive as a skinny pig. They do have different requirements than regular guinea pigs and develop skin problems. If you cannot spend the money on a friend for him or a proper environment, are you going to be allowed to spend money on a vet visit and medicines when he develops illnesses?

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Wow thanks RJ for pointing that out.

you should have done your research..if you parent's wont let you get a big cage for them, how can you expect them to pay for their expensive vet bills?

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
Do you think I came to this site already knowing what I have to do for him? Site's like these are supposed to giveyou information as to care for your animals and help other people understand how to make their live's the awesomest that they can be. So if you would like to answer my questions, go ahead, but if not, write things I might be doing wrong or things I could try.

Constructive Criticism is better than Criticism.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Yes we give you information...information to give you the best care possible for you future cavy.

By buying this pig you supjected one pig to being back to back bred in horrible conditions, and another to be KILLED in a rescue.

All becuase you thought your pig was cool. I would get that pig checked out by a vet. A skinny has weak immune systems, and being in a petstore will only add to the dangers.

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
You stated in another thread that you bought a $100.00 skinny pig at a pet store because he was cool. And from the sounds of things you have posted in this thread, you have no clue about how to care for a guinea pig, especially something as sensitive as a skinny pig. They do have different requirements than regular guinea pigs and develop skin problems. If you cannot spend the money on a friend for him or a proper environment, are you going to be allowed to spend money on a vet visit and medicines when he develops illnesses?

You wouldn't understand about this Skinny Pig. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and you toss these things around like they are trading cards. Have some respect for them, and me, you know I am very, VERY new at this so please stick to constructive stuff.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
What would be any different if you adopted a pig from a shelter?

ADOPTING our pigs can be the best thing thats ever happened to you, and a few more pigs.

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
We're not talking about names anymore, are we? o_O

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
One more thing, if you find a site for skinny pigs, can you please post them here. I now know that they are different from guinea pigs and i thought that they were just another breed.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
One more thing, if you find a site for skinny pigs, can you please post them here. I now know that they are different from guinea pigs and i thought that they were just another breed.

Thats because you didn't do your research before spending $100 on a cavy.

I have no links for you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.